Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
4,334 Posts
We have a new Stelvio for my wife as well.

In my limited seat time I feel they have done an excellent job of making a high quality, well thought out "normal" vehicle, with enough little Alfa touches to make it enjoyable for me as well. Materials and fit and finish are impressive. It is not a sports car, but the handling is tight and precise, and it is surprisingly quick without really working that hard.

It drives as well or better than the Audi Q5 and BMW X3, which is what I consider to be the best in the small Euro crossover segment. For that, Alfa deserves huge praise!

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
We have a new Stelvio for my wife as well.

In my limited seat time I feel they have done an excellent job of making a high quality, well thought out "normal" vehicle, with enough little Alfa touches to make it enjoyable for me as well. Materials and fit and finish are impressive. It is not a sports car, but the handling is tight and precise, and it is surprisingly quick without really working that hard.

It drives as well or better than the Audi Q5 and BMW X3, which is what I consider to be the best in the small Euro crossover segment. For that, Alfa deserves huge praise!
Do the brakes on the Stelvio give you the same feeling of the older/original Alfas where when the the brakes are applied it feels like a hand has reached up under the car and is sucking the car toward the pavement while stopping?

I realize the Stelvio probably doesn't ride as low as the Alfas I'm accustomed to driving, but I've become accustomed to the better vision available with an SUV as opposed to a sedan etc.

One of the previous comments concerns me about it being hard to see out of -- my current SUV does not give me that problem, but it is a SUV, not a crossover.

·
Premium Member
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Cheryl ...I should have phrased that my wife is getting used to the differences between her old car and the Stelvio. Not difficult to see out of the rear window, just different as the window is tinted and has a trim piece to divert the air and grime away from the rear window and covers the upper portion
Brakes have evolved since the days of our early Alfa's and you can expect them to stop faster and firmer. You may not experience the "grabbing" feeling due to ABS and other improvements but be assured they will stop you when needed.
Merry Christmas
Jon

21 - 24 of 24 Posts