Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I had a new 1976 spider, way back when, and did something stupid, I got married, no place for the car seat, so it was either the alfa, or the kid...hmmm tough decision...but away it went. I have been looking for another for the past few years, and not have finally gotton one. a 92 spider veloce...the 76 was new, this 92 has its issues, windows don't work, and a few other things, I am sure I will find...I am sure I will have a lot of questions for the group. :eek:

·
Premium Member
3,654 Posts
Bob,

Welcome to the Alfa Bulletin Board. And maybe think about two additional items; find and join your nearest Alfa club, and consider contributing to the BB (its optional, but helps keep this wonderful site operational).

Hi guys, I had a new 1976 spider, way back when, and did something stupid, I got married, no place for the car seat, so it was either the alfa, or the kid...hmmm tough decision...but away it went. I have been looking for another for the past few years, and not have finally gotton one. a 92 spider veloce...the 76 was new, this 92 has its issues, windows don't work, and a few other things, I am sure I will find...I am sure I will have a lot of questions for the group. :eek:

·
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the welcome. you are right, I should look for a local group....
also, if I ever get a good looking chick, to sit on my alfa, I will post the pics, I will post something anyway...

·
Weaving a Spider's Web.
1,156 Posts
ahem I can live without the pretty girl but a picture of your Spider is definitely needed ;)
Welcome to the BB!

·
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will take a pic today, and upload it...I want to take before and afters anyway.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Congrats and welcome aboard!

·
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank you, been a long time coming, I am happy I didn't subcome to the temptation to get a Lotus, or a farrari...well, couldn't afford one of those...I hope to get this spider into tip top shape. will be slow going, if I need expensive parts, I will do it as I can. it comes today, going to truck it in. have insurance, and will run for plates, soon as I get title. Phtos will follow.

·
Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
6,568 Posts
plates? ah come one, you gotta drive it at least around the block:)

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I take it the POWER windows don't work??

Try swapping out a switch with a friend before going nuts and buying new motors.

·
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
****, now I don't get it till saturday...but as long as I have been waiting, I guess no big deal....I t has new paint, but has not been compounded, so I have that to look forward to...
I think both windows do not work, so I am hoping it is something simple....I hate electrical in cars...houses, easy, cars ugg. hahaha.

·
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
don't know anyone with a switch to borrow, couldn't I just jump the wires, to see? wish it were here already, so I could check this out.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
any pics of your 92?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts