Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, I am considering changing my rims on my Graduate Spider 1990 but am running into that uncertainty phase we all do when moving away from stock or non OEM anything - will they work?

I already have a pair of 16's that came with the car when I bought it. I love them and really don't need to change them, however, they look worn and are rashed up a bit too much for the car at this point. So I want to change them to another set of 16x7 4x108 35mm offset. I am considering these: 16x7 American Racing AR895 Silver Wheel Rim s 4x108 16 7 4 108 ET35 | eBay (hint: I used the "parts compatibility chart" and it came back negative, as in, NO, won't work.)

Let me ask outright, is there anyone out there that can give me a thumbs up on the new ones? I just don't want to get into a pretzel over this. Will these work?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
it depends if the centre hole is the correct size. If the old ones are ET 35, and the new ones also it will fit.. Centre hole can be made bigger if its too small. In 7 J you can go to ET 25, even 20 on a spider (works on mine anyway, 1981 coda tronca)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it depends if the centre hole is the correct size. If the old ones are ET 35, and the new ones also it will fit.. Centre hole can be made bigger if its too small. In 7 J you can go to ET 25, even 20 on a spider (works on mine anyway, 1981 coda tronca)
Forgive me for asking, what is the right center hole size for my car vs this rim, or can you not tell on the rim? Should I ask the wheel dealer or is it (the info) inherent in the description info or rim part number, etc? This is not my bag of tea, as you can likely tell. The old ones are 40mm offset, I believe. Not sure but I would love to know that as well. How can I tell that info on the old rims, if at all? Boy, this sure makes buying wheels online a bit scary.

As well, they do rub just ever so slightly due to sag, even on new rear springs. But I have to be booking it and hit a dip for me to get any rub and it's almost nothing. I can live with it.

Thanks for chiming in. Much appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts