Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:)

Seller sent me a photo of it being loaded onto a trailer. It's an '87 Veloce with about 28,000 miles on it. Blue/tan.

I'm excited. Should have it tomorrow. More photos then.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Looks great. Appears you are doing the opposite of what I did with mine. I bought mine in Dallas and took it north. Looks like this is one from a more northern location being taken to Dallas

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks great. Appears you are doing the opposite of what I did with mine. I bought mine in Dallas and took it north. Looks like this is one from a more northern location being taken to Dallas
It's from Missouri... originally from Pennsylvania. I was wary of buying a Spider from further north, but this is said to be an entirely rust-free example.

·
Registered
315 Posts
It is good to be wary but there are a lot of very nice rust free sports cars up north with low miles and no cracked dashes etc. We just put them to sleep for the winter.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is good to be wary but there are a lot of very nice rust free sports cars up north with low miles and no cracked dashes etc. We just put them to sleep for the winter.
Aside from faded brown carpet, this car's only real demerit is a small dash crack. I'll remedy both soon, no doubt. :)

Another photo from the seller's camera phone just before the car was loaded up today.

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
What kind of sneaker is that reflecting in the fender just to the front and above the front wheel arch? (PO prolly standing in/on trailer taking downward angle pic)

Look like a black Converse w/white laces and sole, but the could be any number of brands now a days, but hey, at least you know the paint shines :D

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks all! Interior shots as soon as it arrives (no sense posting his photos). The carpet is faded, so I'll be doing something about that soon. I'm going to look into dying it, depending on how bad it is, but I will probably wind up replacing it with black carpet (not something I want to do, but given the original brown carpet is nonexistent...)

Tifosi, I'm not seeing the sneaker you're seeing!

·
Premium Member
9,741 Posts
Lovely car! Great color. Not a lot in that color around.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I'm gonna say it's either a brownish/orange Chuck Taylor, or some sort of leather top bathroom slipper with white fur on the bottom.:D

Nice car by the way.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It arrived! Well, last night. Couple of photos from today when I ran over to my insurance agent's office. Better photos to come soon... I need to clean her up a bit first.

Love the color combo:

Engine is present. A good thing.

Steering wheel goes as soon as I get a wheel puller. To be replaced by factory black wheel. I like the wood ones, but I have only seen a few that didn't chip. Interestingly, my first '86 had the same dealer-install wheel. Pardon the tacky Forza sticker... that goes soon, too. The vintage Blaupunkt radio will go, too. Any suggestions on a simple, inexpensive CD player? Nothing tacky. And the carpet will eventually go. Black or brown to come.

Woo hoo! Emissions passed with flying colors. In fact, the emissions tester told me that it produces very, very low emissions. He was quite surprised. He said it was half of the '04 Lexus that was in front of me.... I guess that says something for technology (though I'm not sure what...)

Small detail question... I've never seen one with this style a/c control. Usually it's flush with the large bezel. Was a/c an option on '87 Veloces? I can't remember if it was standard or optional like it was on Graduates. If it was optional, could this be a dealer install feature?

Comments, questions, concerns... please!

·
Registered
366 Posts
"Steering wheel goes as soon as I get a wheel puller. To be replaced by factory black wheel. I like the wood ones, but I have only seen a few that didn't chip. Interestingly, my first '86 had the same dealer-install wheel. Pardon the tacky Forza sticker... that goes soon, too. The vintage Blaupunkt radio will go, too. Any suggestions on a simple, inexpensive CD player? Nothing tacky. And the carpet will eventually go. Black or brown to come."-Hooligan

Hey Hooligan,
See this thread for my interior project:
http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/spider-1966-up/44522-1990-graduate-interior-project.html

Funny, I changed out my orginal black wheel for a Nardi Classico, added a JVC HD/CD stereo, replaced carpet, etc. I'll PM you about the wheel. I have a puller I could lend you and maybe you might want to buy my old steering wheel. Everything I did is documented in the link above.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts