Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to John in the NL. I have finally obtained a belt cover in great condition, to pull a mould of it , and start making reproductions in super sturdy fibreglass, that will last a lifetime, or more.

I am going to produce them at a cost that will be far more affordable than any 1st world country,
as are all products made by us, with passion, rather than the objective of retiring in Monaco with the huge financial gains.

Would really appreciate a 'heads up' and a deposit to reserve, as too many times all get excited, but when all is said and done, I get stuck with a heap of items that no one wants. My fault.

So please, if you are interested in a 100% high quality replica, you will have to place a symbolical deposit to reserve, and express your desire for this item,

by contacting me at: [email protected]

I will reply giving you the details, as after making the mould this coming week, we will know how much it will cost per unit. I can certainly post the price in about a week.

Thank you.

Regards, Alberto

·
Registered
144 Posts
New Spica Belt Cover reproduction

Hi Alberto, I appreciate your effort to make a low cost affordable Spica belt cover. I was looking at mine which is original and it seems the cover is ok for now otherwise I will be happy to be the first sponsor. Again thank you very much Alberto.

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the support Ed!

Inevitably, all covers will disintegrate, as never expected to last, otherwise alloy would have been the material of choice, but with AR cost cutting measures, it is a miracle Montreal even was produced, with the expected results :)

Regards, Alberto

·
Registered
715 Posts
Alberto,
Please let me know what it will cost. I am definitely interested. Whats the deposit? Thanks!
Karl Robertson

·
Registered
29 Posts
Dear Alberto,

Thank you so much for undertaking this. Of course I am also faithful. Will pm you about payment.

Christian

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Today, we started on the prep. for the mould.

The part I so kindly received from Johni, had a bit of a kink in it, so will have to take measures about it.
It is only a couple of mm. so not a great issue.

Once the mould and the 1st piece are made, I will post photos, prices, and then
you will decide then if still interested.

Thank you all for the support.

Regards, Alberto

·
Premium Member
3,847 Posts
I threw away about a 100 of them 5 years ago.

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alfa Romeo N.A. did something similar with the stock of insanely valuable parts (nowadays) in the 80's, or so,
if memory serves right...

Regards, Alberto

·
Premium Member
3,847 Posts
Alfa Romeo N.A. did something similar with the stock of insanely valuable parts (nowadays) in the 80's, or so,
if memory serves right...

Regards, Alberto
In the early to mid 90's when Fait said they were pulling Alfa out of the U.S. They started selling all the old stock for what I would guess was 10 to 20 cents on the dollar. I bought a lot of special tools that had not been available for years that they apparently found in storage.

We also ended up with 3 or 4 Junior Z rear mufflers for about 12.00 a piece.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
I was told that Alfa Romeo Inc. located in El Segundo, CA threw away a complete NOS 6C 2500 engine but, you have to realize that you could buy a very good 750 Spider for less than $200 in the early 1970's. I wish that I could have purchased my friend's 1964 250 GTO Ferrari for $3.3K and would still have it today even if I could not afford the vehicle insurance. I know that $100K classic car insurance costs about $500 in Los Angeles and $50M insurance would cost about $250K which is a small fortune per year. I recently saw a 250 GTO at a restoration shop and someone has some money.

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Was wondering if someone would be so kind and confirm distance, center to center,
on the two mounting ears for the Belt Cover.

The part that was kindly loaned by Johni in the NL, is slightly distorted, so we want to
be extra 'spot on'.

Thank you. Regards, Alberto

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We are also producing the covers at the same time as the battery boxes, to maximize time, and save on shipping if buying both.
Stay tuned, as this week all details will be posted.

Regards, Alberto

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Highly interested as well. What are the estimated costs?
$285 for the battery cover
$85 for the Spica cover
+ shipping

If interested, please send a $75 deposit to Paypal friends and family,

to: alberto.guirola at gmail.com

If you do, please send ALL contact information.
You will be billed a total once it ships.

Regards, Alberto

1 - 19 of 19 Posts