Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a pair of those round mirrors everybody has on their 105's from Highwoodalfa uk, the mirrors look great except one thing , they move in every direction very easily, with 30km they move out of place! Any suggestions?? My friend has some crappy rusty old ones that in order to move them one has to use mega-force. What the hell?? :confused:

·
Registered
196 Posts
use a block of wood and hammer and gently tap the ball joint to add contact between the two . Only tap one side 180' .as it would open the joint up

·
Registered
563 Posts
Its really simple, if you take the mirror off, you'll see on the under side that there is a spring steel plate held by two screws, if you tighten the screws slightly the plate will apply more pressure to the underside of the ball to make it stiffer. Get it correct then fit to car.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I have the same problem, everytime I close the door (ie slam it, it has typical 105 door rubber issues), I have to adjust the mirror!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I would still like to be able to find a round mirror fitted with convex glass
for the passenger side .... I've seen them on 246 Dinos.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Can I just add in Chris' defence that I bought the same mirrors from Highwood and had absolutely no problems with them (even with rubber issues and plenty of door-slamming). So I think you just got the Friday examples (it just wouldn't be in the Alfa spirit otherwise!!:)).

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nothing wrong with the mirrors , i just didn't know the trick. They are perfect now.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The stiffness of movement of the mirror is DESIGNED to be adjustable. That's what the screws inside are for. A case of a product sold with no instruction leaflet because the makers thought it was obvious how it works. ;-)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts