Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Very pretty - please post the color name. It looks to me like medium blue? I bet it was a deal compared to a 356...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very pretty - please post the color name. It looks to me like medium blue? I bet it was a deal compared to a 356...
The exterior is Medium Blue (Alfa factory code AR323) with a Rosso Amaranto nose (AR509). There is a green pinstripe bisecting the nose and body. The interior is burgundy.

Yep, bit less than the 356.

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Congratulations on the Alfa and nice 356. That isn't your orange F-Type in the background is it?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Congrats, that's a nice looking car, and very similar to the color combo I've been considering for mine. Please do post up some more broad view images when you have a chance. Were the first photos you posted from Vintage Customs? Looks kind of like their shop.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Good eye! The Jag is for going fast. Fun car. Briefly considered if that R-type engine would fit in the GTV. ;)
You have great taste.

Also, I just realized, you scored this GTV front BaT, didn't you?

(I write for BaT)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Nice, and a good collection
Can we have a look under the hood? and the dash?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Trich - it is Vintage Customs -- I drove the car for a week or so, and sent it down there to get completely sorted and few special touches I wanted.

Doraiba - Yep, this is the car from BAT. It was mostly well represented, but I threw a quick 12 grand in it to get it where it needed to be. Have a bit more to do, but should be 100% in the next few months.

Requested pics...

New springs on the way to dial in the front ride height.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Btw, what is the trick to get crisp pictures uploaded? The are fine locally and I resampled them to be smaller before upload. Any particular best practices camera settings?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Lovely looking car! It looks to have an unusual arrangement for the sun blinds in the windscreen (windshield in US?), some kind of mono blind?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lovely looking car! It looks to have an unusual arrangement for the sun blinds in the windscreen (windshield in US?), some kind of mono blind?
Hi Swallow -

The car has a "wink" mirror. It offers a somewhat panoramic view/blind-spot free replacement for the stock mirror. As an added bonus, it does block some sunlight similar to the visors.

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hey, just saw your car prominently featured in this recent Vintage Customs video. Pretty cool.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts