Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Fellow Jr Z Owners,

I'm going to purchase new rear quarter side window rubber seals/gaskets for my 1971 Jr Z. I would like your recommendations on were to buy "OEM correct"replacement seals that have the proper vulcanized corner mold marking detail. Where did you obtain your window seals and are these seals still available?

Thanks for your "been there/done that" experience.

TexasAlfa

·
Registered
312 Posts
Jr. Z window rubber

Cicognani makes a good product. They are extruded and moulded. Not the same as the originals that, as you say, have vulcanized corners. I do not know a source for the original style. I have originals on my '72, most would say new ones look better due to age of the originals.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi Texas Alfa-

A picture of the Cicognani window gasket shows that the corner details are quite similar to the original item:
(gasket)

And here's a picture of the installed window:
(installed)

Kudos to mjlang for these pictures.

Good luck!

-Jason

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jason, Dan & Zagato 1600,

Thank you guys for your quick response. I have not purchased products from Cicognani before. I'll try using their web site to order these Jr Z side window gaskets and keep everyone posted on progress...

Thanks Again, TexasAlfa

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Great info. Thanks!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
aah yes

I was up working on one of the TZ's yesterday and sometimes I mix them up (1/4 window rubber on the TZ does not have bonded corners). Morgan has the new gaskets and the look very good. And yes, the new ones have bonded corners as the original. On the originals the corners are of a different rubber and age very differently. So the corners are quite obvious on an original set. But yes, the new ones look great. Too late for me, I used originals and it was crazy difficult to get the right side glass in. No way I'll go through that again if I don't have to.

Morgan's car will be on display at the Art Center car show a week from Sunday if anyone hasn't had the pleasure!

Attachments

·
Registered
607 Posts
I have the non-vulcanized seals but just ordered the Cicognani versions per Morgan's recommendation. Glad to see this affirmed by others. They are really easy to deal with - no actual eCommerce but working out payment was no problem. Good time to buy stuff right now with the Euro down. I almost ordered stuff a couple of years ago and now I'm glad I waited...

·
Registered
1,637 Posts

·
Registered
9,409 Posts
MrFiat seems to be a Cicognani reseller, same as OK Parts in Germany (see this page).

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hello Phil,

Any information on the origin of these rubber seals?

Hard to judge on the basis of the information supplied in the add.

Ciao, Olaf

Olaf,

I don't know much beyond the ad. An eBay search for Zagato or Alfa Zagato usually brings up these parts..

Regards,
Phil

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,637 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
All,

Hmm - so what is the general consensus on these different 'versions'? Price difference is negligible (one includes VAT in their website price, the other doesn't)

Cicognani (and resellers - OKP/Mr. Fiat) - non-vulcanized corners, extruded / bonded, good quality

AFRA - non-vulcanized corners??, good quality?

Is there any true OEM replacement or would one to search for NOS parts?

Thanks,
Phil Gicante

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I'd vote for Cicognani as they are the actual manufacturer. MrFiat is just a reseller. AFRA in my experience makes far too many mistakes by shipping out the wrong parts. NOS would have suffered much of the same corner degradation as the ones on the cars. Good luck and post your findings.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts