Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
What year is your Spider? On my 86 I had a problematic draw (started one year, all of a sudden, no changes had been made to the circuit) that I thought was the radio. Turned out to be the digital clock on the bottom of the center console, which was still working normally. Had this car since 89 and this circuit never gave me a problematic draw, until it did. I unplugged the clock and it was fixed.
I'm having the same issue with my 86 spider. Clock stays on all the time. You say you unplugged it. Did you pull the fuse or another way? Just curious because I end up pulling the battery cables every time I put it away. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I called Pioneer tech support, and they really didn't offer much 'support', other than say send the radio and receipt to them and they'll fix it under warranty. Of course I don't have a receipt because it was purchased by the PO. So I just disconnected the yellow wire and reinstalled. I won't have any presets or custom sound settings or who knows what else, but that's okay - I rarely use the radio anyway.

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
I'm having the same issue with my 86 spider. Clock stays on all the time. You say you unplugged it. Did you pull the fuse or another way? Just curious because I end up pulling the battery cables every time I put it away. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
there is a plug on the back of the clock you can unclip
Clock for '87 Spider

clock (and power mirrors etc) should be on fuse #4, so if you pull fuse #4 does the clock actually go off?

Reactions: Norseman50

·
Administrator
12,755 Posts
Don't know if it helps, but battery drain on my 156v6 was caused by voltage regulator on the rev counter. You can tell because the chip gets hot

Pete

·
Registered
61 Posts
When I bought my 87 last year, the PO told me he had a parasitic drain from the radio that would run the battery down if the car sat for a couple of weeks. He addressed it by installing a bigger, deep-discharge battery. I addressed it by pulling out the radio and driving the car more often.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts