Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this past weekend I got around to replacing the antenna for my Alfa and I was able to get the unit in all right. But I am somewhat puzzled by the new wires on the unit. This is basically the unit I have.

According to the instructions, the red wire is needed for power and the blue wire is to connect to the radio. That leads to my question. What is the best way to route these wires from the trunk all the way to the front of the vehicle? I haven't done anything quite like that before and I don't want to screw it up, so any advice is appreciated!

·
Premium Member
15,645 Posts
Our 89 Milano came with that power wire already factory installed, as when the original power antenna went out, and I installed a new one, I had no problems hooking it up. Don't know if earlier Milanos had that wire.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, so I got around to looking again and I found something. I'm not sure what it is or what it goes too. But it was sitting tucked away and not plugged into anything. Is this what I am looking for or does this go to something else? It's got 3 wires to it, a black one, a red and black one, and a blue and yellow one.

·
Premium Member
15,645 Posts
That's it. Same as in our Milano. The new electric antenna should have a matching plug.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts