Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cannot figger this out... even my local builder cannot 'Rex hutchison' racing.. he does a lot of motors and we have talked about just re-ringing the motor,, he said after you de glaze the cly and proper finish there should be no problem,, but from what I have read here, this is only short turm fix.. up to 30000 -50000 miles what gives he has done this before and have motors last a heck of a lot longer 100k and more.. are our motors so special that we cannot do this? talked to local Ferrari tech,, he changes timming belts on car with 25k miles just as the book say to do..he cannot understand why,, he uses 'gates'or very high quality timming belts on the cars, and they are the same build as you get on your local Honda, acura, but these belts go for up to 105k miles...is this just a Italain only thing.. the motors are so special that all the rest of the common cars have no problem with a re-ring? my motor beside having old rings in it , is working perfectly.. oil pressure at hot idle is 2.5 bars and at 2000 rpm 4bars.. I have had the cly head off in the past 2 months.. all the clys look in great shape..i can still see the cross hatching on the walls, and these is no ' lip' at the top of the bores..

·
Premium Member
6,347 Posts
If the end gap is the same with the new rings as it was with new rings and liners there is no reason it shouldn't work just fine, Except if the liners are not perfectly round which with wear they probably are not but that's just my opinion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts