Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1968 Giulia Super - Bollino D'Oro
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Alfa Fans,

I have been lurking for a while and finally have acquired a 1968 Giulia Super 1600 - Bollino D'Oro. I have a check list of cosmetic and mechanical items but I love this car. I can see why Alfas are so loved. I am a big older BMW guy and I am excited to be a part of the Alfa club.

Cheers!

Phil
IMG_9984.JPG
IMG_9975 2.JPG
IMG_9977 2.JPG
IMG_9980.JPG
IMG_9986.jpg
IMG_9982.JPG

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Phil- May we ask did you find the car stateside or did you go shopping on the Continent ? Very nice looking example but I can't tell from the lighting if it's biancospino or avorio.

·
Registered
1968 Giulia Super - Bollino D'Oro
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@Capp

Hello Capp, I worked with Alberto at Cassia in Rome. He found the car, negotiated with the owner on my behalf, and did all the export documentation with the italian government (there is a process to export from Italy) and is great to work with. I used Marlog Car Handling to ship RoRo to Tacoma WA. The whole process and ship time took 3 months. If anyone is interested, PM me and I can provide details.

Cassia Old Cars - Vendita e servizi per auto d'epoca

The color is biancospino. I have all the original sales documents from when it was new in 1968.

IMG_9988.JPG
Overall it was a great experience and Alberto can restore or repair a car you want before it gets shipped. My Bollino needed some work done before the journey and he coordinates all that via the Alfa Romeo Racing Club in Rome.

Happy to be a part of the Alfa community, they are fun cars to drive!

Phil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts