Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, so I'm new to the forum and also the new owner of an ancient rusting 1978 GTV which I picked up for $200. Now I've always loved this model, but this was a bit of a basket case so I thought to myself, what can I do with it?
After going to a race meeting with a customer to sort out the ladder bar setup I fabricated for his Datsun 1200 ute I decided to get a little creative with it and throw a 2JZ in it purely because I have one laying around and also because I've never seen it done before.
So, here is the run down
2JZ.......
Cheap ebay GT35
a dry NOS kit I've got sitting on the shelf (100 shot)
fabricated 9"
Manual C4 with transbrake
LH torana subframe(Aussie car, you have probably never heard of)
Microtech ECU( also because I have it sitting there)
and yes, I've seen the one on EBAY and god no, it won't look anything like that.
I'll get to work and post pics of it as I build it up for all to see, I expect to take about 6 months or so to complete this dependant on other work as this is strictly a fun thing.
Before anyone says anything, I know I'm not restoring it, but I figure there are already enough good examples getting around and this was destined for the scrap dealer if I hadn't given it a home so there you go.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Sounds like a fun project! I take it you are pretty handy with a welder? Is the torana subframe a reasonable fit?
Looking forward to seeing this progress. There will be a lot of naysayers around here due to a few stalled projects that were being posted and some outspoken purists, but each to their own eh?
You said it though, better than the scrap heap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a fun project! I take it you are pretty handy with a welder? Is the torana subframe a reasonable fit?
Looking forward to seeing this progress. There will be a lot of naysayers around here due to a few stalled projects that were being posted and some outspoken purists, but each to their own eh?
You said it though, better than the scrap heap.
I Build Drag cars for people as a job, but until now I haven't really had a burning desire to build my own, but when I saw the GTV I thought WOW that will look fantastic as it has a beautiful shape and it will really put it up the rotor boys in the sport compact series.

I'll resize some pics tomorrow when I get to work of what we've done so far, but as the Jamboree has finally concluded I now have to finish a customer's car before I get stuck back into the Alfa.

Paul

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's some pics I resized.
The 9" pic isn't the exact one that's going in the car, but it is one I recently finished for a customer and I'm going to build another one over the Xmas break for the GTV.

The original intention was just to cut the rear out and put a clip in it and go from there, but we decided a few weeks ago to just go a little mad and so we've started cutting a lot more of the internals out and I'll get some new pics as we go through the stages.
Oh and we are painting it black!!!!

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts