Alfa Romeo Forums banner

261 - 280 of 283 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
I to had a good experience with Rich. I had a broken piston ring and he recommended a engine swap. He did good work and my spider runs strong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Welcome @wangissimo

Going forward it's a good idea to start a new thread with any questions or referral requests etc.

Enjoy the GTV and don't be shy!

·
Registered
1974 GTV 2000, stock
8 Posts
I guess since Evermore dropped off this thread, this is became dead thread, so my (late) inquiry became more of a referral question. I apologize.

·
Registered
271 Posts
@ar1950
The only reason that this thread and car was even brought up in that BaT auction was because the seller was being less than transparent and tended to obfuscate with some of his answers about the condition of the car. The whole experience relating to the car here is that you need to do your own due diligence before you plunk down your hard earned dollars. I hope that the buyer of the BaT car got what he expected for his money, although, I am skeptical about that.

That's what I remember happening. I have a bad feeling about the guy who bought the BAT car.

I think I've given up on a GTV. Prices are too high for a "decent" driver. I did see a good looking yellow one in San Marino a few weeks ago. They look really good on the road!

I'm sticking with my Spiders for now.

Thanks again for the clarification and also, I appreciate your candid advice on this site and BAT. It's definitely needed when buying a vintage car.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Looks like the original poster won as its now back for sale at BHCC for $39k.

·
Premium Member
1984 GTV6, 1973 Berlina, 1987 Milano
1,594 Posts
I don't know why BHCC would try to sell that again and not just wholesale it through Copart or elsewhere.

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,740 Posts
Oh man. If someone buys this car at $40K they are going to be badly burned.

Also, gotta love those plug wires they put on it! Speaks volumes.

·
Super Moderator
10,908 Posts
Note the headers in the photo above, and the rather interesting exhaust system:

·
Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
6,515 Posts
If that car is worth 39k mine is worth 89. and I know it isn't.

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,740 Posts
If that car is worth 39k mine is worth 89. and I know it isn't.
I think Evermore paid BHCC $27K for it two years ago and felt like he'd been ripped off, so that should tell you something.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
I think Evermore paid BHCC $27K for it two years ago and felt like he'd been ripped off, so that should tell you something.
If it is the same car... its worth about $10K at best. Its a twisted wreck! $27K was a major rip off! I don't know how these people stay in business..... and why anyone would purchase anything from them!!

·
Registered
903 Posts
Probably the worst example of a seriously whacked car, badly put back together I've ever seen.
Nothing looks right on it.

Reactions: Smithy

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm somewhat impressed at how well the photographer was almost able to hide and de-emphasis so many of the car's flaws. Very dishonest representation.

·
Administrator
12,911 Posts
I feel that it is not really our place to poo all over this car's current add. There is already enough information in this thread for a future owner, if they happen to discover this thread, to find out this cars story.

And I don't think there is photochopping involved, the car is not the worst GTV in the world. Chuck a new nose on it and it would move from a weird looking thing to just another tired GTV that has lost the crispness of it's lines under I assume filler
Pete

·
Registered
127 Posts
Note the headers in the photo above, and the rather interesting exhaust system:

I think that exhaust system was already installed when it was first sold by them. Not sure why someone would install it the stock system is just as good for a stock motor.

261 - 280 of 283 Posts