Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Centerline sells new oil vapor separators for Spiders. They are "glass reinforced nylon." If they are indeed a vastly superior replacement for the regular kind (even a nice cleaned one), then they are definitely worth the price.

I e-mailed Centerline to see if there are plans to make any for the 164. Someone responded to me and said that there currently isn't enough demand yet to manufacture these for the 164... but if that changes, they will "see about doing something"!

Would anyone here buy one of these? They don't rust, so I don't see any possible downside... but I may be wrong! What do you guys think? (Also... if I'm not mistaken, the oil vapor separators may differ between the 12V and 24V.)

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Functionally they are identical but due to the location above rear head the intake hose cannot be on the bottom so it is on top. I imagine that internally there is a standpipe so it works the same way. As Roadtrip said they aren't rocket science and I think that following up on Chris's prototype work on modifying the existing canister so it can be opened and serviced makes more sense than spending three hundred bucks for an untested glass fiber aftermarket part.

·
2015 Chevy (Holden) SS, 1989 Milano (Shankle Sport), 1991 164S
17,457 Posts
With my old Sprint GT, I used to take the blowby tube and run it into an old oil can filled with steel wool with an air outlet out the top. Every once in a while I would empty the can back into the the engine. Worked pretty well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.