Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Is this really the Alfa future? Rebadging front wheel drive Jeeps. That is even worse than Rebadging Fiats! I can't believe Marchionne would have signed off on this, he is probably turning over in his grave right now. If this is the future we may as well start waving goodbye to Alfa again.

·
Administrator
17,114 Posts
Is this really the Alfa future? Rebadging front wheel drive Jeeps. That is even worse than Rebadging Fiats! I can't believe Marchionne would have signed off on this, he is probably turning over in his grave right now. If this is the future we may as well start waving goodbye to Alfa again.
Please be aware that some Jeeps are already using FIAT platforms, i.e. 2014 on Jeep Cherokee, so if the new Alfa is based on a Jeep Cherokee it is still a rebadged FIAT.

ps: I'm actually surprised that there is not a considerable push back from Americans re Jeep being rebadged FIATs ... especially because FIAT left America previously with their tail between their legs.
Pete

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
I will be disappointed if it's yet another crossover...but that's sadly where the money is.

There's some chatter out there about WHAT could it be?!...................

A retro FiatAlfaJeep....
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Off-road vehicle

A retro B.A.T. car...
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Coupé Automotive design

A giant 7 seater blob...
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Mid-size car

A Giulia Alfacamino
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Performance car

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
New (revised) Giulietta

New small SUV (CUV?) ie. Mazda CX-3/5 (although I see the Stelvio as a porky CX-5, albeit a very fast nice one)

Anything else will be a complete and utter surprise

·
Registered
787 Posts
Please be aware that some Jeeps are already using FIAT platforms, i.e. 2014 on Jeep Cherokee, so if the new Alfa is based on a Jeep Cherokee it is still a rebadged FIAT.

ps: I'm actually surprised that there is not a considerable push back from Americans re Jeep being rebadged FIATs ... especially because FIAT left America previously with their tail between their legs.
Pete
Compass is Fiat(GM) platform, which is coming to Alfa C SUV

·
Registered
456 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
They label it a concept yes, not production ready?
There’s no way those door handles or mirrors will make it to the street (pass, tonale)

Looks nice though, make mine Milano blue with significant hybrid HP

·
Registered
456 Posts

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
There’s no new car here - this is just a Giulia sedan (which already has 500hp) with a dumb wing, big wheels, and 620 hp. I don’t see the point.

From what I’ve read, the FCA enterprise is in trouble, they keep trying to sell / merge it, and any new Alfas that may have been in the pipeline are either on permanent hold or have been dropped entirely. The mid-engined 8C, the 6C coupe, the revised Giulietta hatch - all done.

So, I can see where if you have no cash to develop new models and need some pizzazz to boost sagging sales, it’s pretty easy to hop up an existing sedan for the marketing dept.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I think you explained it well. They don't have any money to develop the new models, so this is more of a refresh than anything. I still like it though!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.