Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since so many Alfa kits are coming out I decided to make a model kit thread.
I will also sometimes list other Italian car brand models due for release.

To start with I am posting photos of the "New" Model Factory Hiro Alfa Romeo T33/3 1970 long and short tail kits in 1/24th scale. They are due
in July and include full engine/chassis detail. They are made of resin/metal/photoetch/rubber/vacuform. These are very detailed kits with
hundreds of parts. They have now made full detail kits of the TZ1,TZ2, T33/2 1968 short and long tail and now this car. They also make a large amount of full detail Ferrari Kits.

Here are the test shot photos of the T33/3 1970:

Attachments

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Model Factory Hiro also did the Alfa Romeo T33/2 Stradale in 1/24th scale with full engine detail. I will post photos soon. They did the prototype and production version in two separate models.

Best,

Tom Tanner/SD

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are photos of the Model Factory Hiro 1/24th scale kits built.

They are as follows:

photo 1 1/24 Alfa Romeo TZ2 full detail

Photo 2 1/24 Alfa Romeo TZ2 chassis

Photo 3 1/24 Alfa Romeo Stradale full detail

Photo 4 1/24 Alfa Romeo T33/2 chassis with very accurate tubes and cast bulkheads.

Photo 5 1/24 Alfa Romeo T33/2 Lemans 1968 longtail full detail.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
anyone have a 1/18 milano or gtv hatchback model?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is a NEW MODEL KIT THREAD. If you want to start a diecast thread
feel free. Having said that I saw a testshot of a GTV and GTV6 from
AutoArt in 1/18th scale(diecast scale) due this year. It looked very accurate.

Back to models.

Tom Tanner/SD

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here are a few I built. The first is a Alfa T33/2 1967 Sebring in 1/24th scale.
It was built from a resin kit by Scale Designs.
The second is a Bugatti T57 Lemans winner also in 1/24th scale, made from another resin kit by
Profil24 of France.

Best,

Tom Tanner/SD

Attachments

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is some of the decal artwork we did for my company Scale Designs.
This art is owned by me and cannot be used without my approval.(that means its only for private use)

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
Ive never heard of Scale Designs. Do you by any chance have a link?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Scale Designs is not producing kits right now. They did for over 10 years, until June 2007. They are a resin kit maker, so they are limited production.
They were available in Europe in smaller model shops.

Best,

Tom Tanner

·
Registered
176 Posts
Ive been searching some years now for a decent GTV/GTA kit in either 1/24 or 1/43 but no luck.. The Fujimi GTA lacks detail and the Scale43 is way toooo simple...

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The 1/24 Tamiya GTA kit is very nice. Complete motor detail and a correct
body. Avoid the Gunze kits as they poorly shaped roofs.

TT

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here are a few shots of the new 1/24 Model Factory Hiro Alfa T33/3 1970 Lemans car. The chassis is very well done. They have the early T33/3
gearbox and suspension perfectly detailed.
Very limited and expensive kits, not for beginners.

Tom Tanner/SD

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
old school alfa

Tom,

I'm new and interested in your thread. I have the MFH TZ2 kit, the scale designs GTAm and GTA jr. transkits, a ScaleCraft Giulietta Sprint, a couple of Protar Giuliettas, most of the Gunze Sanyo stuff, just cause, and the Tamiya line as well. When I started collecting model Alfas I couldn't find anything. Now there are more models than I have the time and money for. I'd still love to aquire a TZ-1 and 33 telescopica, as well as an SS : o ) Yeah, its bad.

I'm sorry your company is not producing kits at this time. I always hoped for a 1/24 transkit engine with either Spica or Lucas DI and the proper head and valve cover for the GTAm. (sigh) Plus, somebody needs to do an SS.

Would you have information on the Andriessens car you could share? Is it orange or Giallo Ochre? Its hard to tell from old photos, and I see some cars didn't remove the rear seats and some did. I have Alleggerita and GTA by Tabucchi but there are'nt those kinds of details.

I currently have a 1:1 Milano Verde and a 1:1 1750GTV and previously owned a 63 1600 sprint, and a 67 GT 1300 Jr. I wish I had them now.

Keep the photos and info coming.

Thanks,

Ken H.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts