Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New Mexico here we come! Final plans posted!

Mark your calenders! The Alfa Club of the Rockies is planning a 2nd annual 3 day summer tour. This year we are going to New Mexico! July 13, 14 and 15.

We are planing a 3 day tour to New Mexico.
The tentative schedule is as follows-
Day 1- Friday July 13th, Driving from Denver to Taos (via- Alamosa, CO and Chama, NM- Toas) on and spending the night in Taos that night.
Day 2- Saturday July 14th, we will be driving the "High Road" from Taos to Santa Fe and then returning to Santa Fe for the night.
Day 3- Sunday July 15th, will spent driving back to Denver (via The Enchanted Circle and La Veta, CO).

Last year we did a 3 day 750 mile tour of western Colorado, and had a wonderful time.

We are inviting members of other Alfa clubs to join us for any part, or all of the trip.

More details to come!

Please PM me with any questions.

Thanks, Scott

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The plans are now final. Join in the drive!

Friday July 13th- Denver-Taos
We will meet at 7:15am at The Fort in Morrison, CO and leave promptly at 7:30am. Lunch will be at the San Luis Valley Brewing Company www.slvbrewco.com in Alamosa, CO From Alamosa drivers can either take the straight shot to Taos, or the very scenic drive through Chama, NM to Taos. Dinner in Taos.

We will be spending both Friday and Saturday night (July 13th and 14th) in Taos at The Kachina Lodge Rooms & Amenities | Kachina Lodge In Taos -Please mention Alfa Club of the Rockies when making your reservations. They are holding rooms for us - $89 a night- so please make your reservations as soon as possible. The Kachina Lodge is centrally located in Taos, and has ample secure parking for our group.

Saturday July 14th- Taos- Santa Fe- Taos
Leave Taos 10am and drive the high road to The Sugar Nymphs Bistro Sugar Nymphs Bistro - Home in Peñasco, NM for lunch. After lunch people will have the choice of either driving straight to Santa Fe, (which is having an art festival that weekend), or taking a scenic drive to Los Alamos and Bandelier National Monument before heading to Santa Fe for dinner. The location for dinner is up for suggestions (New Mexico Alfisti- any ideas?). Then back to Taos later that evening.

Sunday July 15th- Taos-Denver
Leave Taos at 8am and drive "The Enchanted Circle" en route to lunch in La Veta, CO La Veta Inn | Then head back to Denver. If it is especially hot, people that do not have AC, (me included) may choose to take US-285 through the mountains as opposed to baking on I-25 on the drive home. Which also makes stopping at Great Sand Dunes NP an option.

We would really like to get as many Alfas along as possible for any or all of the trip. Even just for dinner in Santa Fe would be great.

Please let me know if you are thinking of joining us for any or all of the trip. PM me and I will get right back to you.

We look forward to seeing you and your Alfa this summer.
Ciao, Scott

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
At this point the tour is exactly 1 month from today!

I called the Kachina Lodge in Taos. The Taos Experience | Kachina Lodge In Taos They do have 5 more rooms held for our group at $89 a night. If you call to make reservations, go ahead and ask for Cheryl, or even call her directly at 575 770-4492. You can stay one night or both, no problem. (July 13th and 14th)

I have made reservations in Santa Fe for dinner at La Choza for Sat. July 14th at 6pm. At this point it is for 15 people, but we can add more if needed. Please do let me know if you think you will join us, so we will be sure to have room.

Please invite any other Alfa people to join us too. Just let me know how many.

I look forward to meeting you in a month!

Ciao, Scott
Please PM or email if you have any questions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.