Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ciao All,
I'm thinking of buying a 1979 Spider.
the car has been sitting mostly outdoors for several years i am told it has had body work and interior done as well as the spica replaced with a weber conversion I have not done a thorough walk around/inspection. i have had my eye on it and It's been sitting outdoors for a year or two.
was thinking of buying 'as is' without starting etc. Gas is probably stale, brakes might be seazed not sure of other issues i may be getting into. Any comments, suggestions would be greatly apprecated
Saluti

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
You are looking at a later Series 2 Spider which can be bought in a fair condition for around $5k. Just from your very brief description its safe to say that you will need more than $5k to get it just to that fair condition. Unless you have a good garage and ample time to spend on the car (read - actively looking for a project to occupy all my free time) I would pass on that and get myself an Alfa you can enjoy immediately.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
My recommendation (unless you are a skilled body man and mechanic with nothing but free time on your hands)...buy the best example you can afford and then extend yourself to buy one that's even better....You cannot substitute for a car that has been loved...it is priceless (whether it's an Alfa or any other car)....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts