Alfa Romeo Forums banner

2K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  rafaht86 
#1 ·
Hi there, I’m a new member and looking forward to chatting and getting some advice. I just started restoring my 1970 1750 spider kamm tail euro specs with original webber carbs. Once done, I’ll start the other project, a 1973 2L fuel injected spider. I dunno my way around yet but I’ll see if i can manage to post pics.

cheers!
Rick

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
I’m searching for some parts that are difficult to fin. my 1750 spider has the rear seat with the hard plastic 1/4 panel covers on the 2 sides and a trim strip at the top of the rear backrest. I can’t find these 3 parts anywhere. I found pics on the internet, which I’ll post below. What’s the best way to post items I’m looking for on this forum?

#10 ·
You'll probably going to have to look up some European sources for those rear "seat" items... it was home market only, as you know. On the BB here, you can post in the Classifieds section, "Want to Buy". Congrats on getting the photos on here right away, because the Powers That Be always insist on photos with new introductions! ;);)

#12 ·
I tried with the most common italian german and brit websites like AFRA, classic Alfa etc but everyone replied good luck finding those panels.
yeah pics worked no i have to figure out how to contact people that are selling items I’m interested in. Right now it says I don’t have sufficient privileges

#15 ·
Can anyone recommend a good alfa mechanic in the ottawa area? The 1750 is in for bodywork, i suspect it’ll take at least 6 month or more. During that time engine and tranny will be outta the car so I’d like to bring it to an experienced mechanic. engine runs and gears shift but since it’s out it might be a good idea to have it looked at….right now it looks really ugly 😂

Attachments

#16 ·
Welcome aboard the BB Ric & yes you need a minimum of 10 posts before you can post in the classifieds - keeps the spammers out, so just replying to me will bump you to 10

You might have to make those panels in fiberglass & paint them & or trim them... I know exactly what it's like sourcing and making bits for low volume production cars, my '58 Sprint Veloce Confortevole is from a production run of 50, it didn't even make it into the Parts Catalogue. I have four others from low volume production numbers, I'm familiar with the procedure.

Ciao
Greig

#17 ·
good tip making those 1/4 panels in fiberglass Grieg. Funny enough earlier today i received a reply from EBspares UK saying they can reproduce them in fibreglass and they have the rear trim panel from old stock! I’m super happy, I’ve been looking for this stuff for 2 years. Now i need some minor details like brico lighter, jack, wingnuts for jack and spare tire etc. hopefully someone on here has those parts.
wow 58 SV, nice car and with such low prod #s for the confortevole it must be worth a fortune. Good catch with that model, beautiful car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.