Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all! I am a new member.
Have a 79 Spider in good shape. I am looking to buy a 73 spider.
The back taillights are round instead of rectangular. If I get the car
I will make the change back to the correct tail lights, otherwise, the
car looks good.

·
Premium Member
1,598 Posts
Welcome, hope it’s a fun journey for you. How about some pictures of your 79?....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,
I will post pics of the 79 during the week. I took the car to the shop to be gone over.
The car looks really good body & frame. The interior was redone, with horrible seat covers.
They will be changed.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

If the price is right, why not? I would certainly negotiate the price down, especially if the old tail lights are missing.

The front bumpers have been swapped to the Euro (or 71) version without the bumper guards so that's a big plus.

Others have done the same tail light conversions so it's not the first time. Did they use weld in metal to cover the old holes?

A replacement panel is available from Classic Alfa (Centerline shows Out of Stock), or you could find a donor car to replace the panel if you need to.

Is the car rust free, or at least mostly rust free? That would be a bigger concern than the tail lights.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did not get a chance to look underneath the car(too much snow right now) Car came from Florida (could be good or bad).
I have not seen the title yet, that will happen tomorrow. Yes I love the Euro bumpers, that's what caught my eye.

·
Registered
8,906 Posts
It's March so you have a remote chance of a blizzard which generally gives you a leg up on negotiations.. If it doesn't run .. Cherry blossoms wouldn't help the seller.. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts