Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i'm new to the board. I have an 88 Milano Verde. I will post pictures as soon as i get them scanned into my computer.

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Yeah... Better post some picture's, I know the Milano guy's will be jealous when they see your car.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The wheels are Stilauto 17" by 7.5"
The tires are Pirelli P7000 ZR 205/40/17

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's a 3.0 liter. It's stock under the hood, with an Ansa rear exhaust. It has Koni shocks all the way around and Shankle springs in the rear. It was supposed to have stiffer torsion bars in the front, which would make it a bit lower and handle better, but whoever manufactured Ricambi's torsion bars royally screwed up and made them too big so the torsion bars are still not on. It is still really fun to drive though.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Maybe you have the 27mm torsion bars. To fit those torsion bars, that would require the front lower A-arms to be removed because the opening in the rear is too small.

If you want a stiffer front setup, you can go with coilovers from Ron Simmons racing www.rsracing.nl . Keep the stock torsion bars and the coilovers act as helper springs.

BTW, that car looks like the one owned by a guy named Rob Poetsch. Very nice car

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Those wheels are actually the ones that were on his car. A friend bought his car and then sold it but kept the wheels which I bought off of him.

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
we did remove the a arms and they did not fit. screwed with the **** thing all afternoon. they are too big!

i bought rob's car back in september 2000 and had to sell it to buy my truck in may 2001. peter kemos in santa cruz has it now. i kept the 17's cuz i love them and ended up selling them to chris with the deal i buy them back if he decides to sell the car...right chris?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That was the deal; I sell it you get them back, but i don't think i'm ever going to sell my car. I want to always have my first Alfa, not to mention it is my first car. When I get out of school and make the big bucks i'm going to start buying cars left and right to add to my one and only lonely Milano.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you give me the money to buy them i will be more than happy to put them on my car and tell you how they work. It would be really cool to try them out but 1000 bucks is a bit too steep for me. I think I'll just stick with the $300 torsion bars.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts