Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I am introducing myself as a newcomer to the forum and new owner of a GTA.

I have been an Alfa owner since 1975 and have been racing a 1750GTV in Australian historic racing for 20 years and over 350 races.

I have acquired #775511, the GTA Junior sold by Daniel Rapley last year. I have shipped the car to Australia, where I am restoring it.

According to a note on the files from Don Black, 775511 is one of only 5 GTA Juniors he imported to the U.S. from Autodelta. I have the SCCA log books and these, supported by correspondence with 4 of the six guys who raced it, show the ownership to be:
1969-71 Gene Strandberg
1971-72 Bob Henson & Gerry Strickfaden
1973-74 Gerry Wannarka
1975-77 George Cichon
1978-81 Larry Sterenberg

The car was raced in C Sedan at over 50 meetings between 1968 and 1980 at tracks including Road America (Elkhart Lake), Road Atlanta, Daytona, Indianapolis, Mid Ohio, Bridgehampton, Summit Point, Brainerd (Donnybrooke), PIR (Phoenix), VIR, Nelson Ledges, Blackhawk Farms and Lake Afton.

Does anybody have any recollections or photos of the car from this period?

'The Captain' is a nick-name given to me by my Alfa racing mates. It is not a rank or title.

The Bulletin Board appears to be a wonderful source of knowledge and i look forward to advice on restoring 775511 to the state it was in when it raced originally.

Colin Wilson-Brown
Sydney

Attachments

·
Registered
816 Posts
Welcome aboard "Captain"

Hi
No pictures or info, just a hearty Hello. I helped Daniel with a few items to get it rolling and included the extra parts for Vin Sharp. If the car went to Vin, it's in good hands for the restoration. If there is any info around the US and Canada, it will certainly surface through this thread.
Keith
Alfas Unlimited

1 - 2 of 2 Posts