Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings all!

I recently acquired a 1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce that I will be breathing life back into.
I've always admired the styling of these Spiders, and thought it was time I tried one on for size. I've owned, restored, and vintage raced a whole slew of sports cars over the last 30-some years, mostly Porsches (356s, 911s, 912s, 914s, 944s, 968s, etc.) and a few British cars (just to lay down a layer of oil on my garage floor). :sneaky:

According to the previous owner, Spider has been sitting for the past six years. When I unscrewed the gas cap, that distinct aroma of stale gasoline greeted my nostrils. 馃榿 First order of business will be to go through the entire fuel system, back to front. Already siphoned out all the stale fuel, pulled the fuel sender assembly (horribly corroded and gunked up), and the gas tank (I think it's salvageable).

When time and access permit, I will try and post photos and descriptions of the various things I eventually end up rebuilding or replacing on my Spider. One of the items I'll be tackling here shortly is the replacement of the spare tire wheel well in the trunk. Since the battery perches just above the spare tire well, it's no wonder this is an area that suffers the consequences of battery acid eating away the metal. I've already ordered and received a new spare tire well from Centerline International, and will get to cutting out the old, rusted spare tire well in a few.

Addio,
Jim

Reactions: pantera928

Premium Member
Greetings all!

I recently acquired a 1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce that I will be breathing life back into. View attachment 1650399 I've always admired the styling of these Spiders, and thought it was time I tried one on for size. I've owned, restored, and vintage raced a whole slew of sports cars over the last 30-some years, mostly Porsches (356s, 911s, 912s, 914s, 944s, 968s, etc.) and a few British cars (just to lay down a layer of oil on my garage floor). :sneaky:

According to the previous owner, Spider has been sitting for the past six years. When I unscrewed the gas cap, that distinct aroma of stale gasoline greeted my nostrils. 馃榿 First order of business will be to go through the entire fuel system, back to front. Already siphoned out all the stale fuel, pulled the fuel sender assembly (horribly corroded and gunked up), and the gas tank (I think it's salvageable).

When time and access permit, I will try and post photos and descriptions of the various things I eventually end up rebuilding or replacing on my Spider. One of the items I'll be tackling here shortly is the replacement of the spare tire wheel well in the trunk. Since the battery perches just above the spare tire well, it's no wonder this is an area that suffers the consequences of battery acid eating away the metal. I've already ordered and received a new spare tire well from Centerline International, and will get to cutting out the old, rusted spare tire well in a few.

Addio,
Jim
No 928s?

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
1 - 5 of 5 Posts