Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very active in the Giulia forum but haven't even been here today. I first fell in love with Alfa when I saw a Montreal on the cover of a magazine when I was 8. I begged the dentist to take the magazine home. I cut the pictures out and hung them on my wall. When Alfa left the market when I was in college, I was crestfallen. I had hoped to earn enough to purchase some of the cars of childhood dreams. In 2016 they returned and in 2017 I bought a Giulia. I joined AROC! I have never lost touch of what Alfa was doing in Europe and of course, am a car junkie. I have kept my eye on the brand throughout the years.

**** glad to be here too!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Amazing collection. Love your Lammys!! They are gorgeous. I have been scoping out a spider online. I keep watching BAT and a few other spots locally to see if one comes up nearby. My wife and I want to pick up a vintage and with the quarantine, I have time to tinker with it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
well, I wish I was in Utah. This morning in Canada there was snow on the ground! difficult to play with them in a non-heated garage!
I restored completely the lambretta (paint was done by a pro) and I just the blue scoot to buy the alfa. almost same price....will probably sell the green at some point because I don't want to see my kids playing with it....Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you are in Quebec, I visited your lovely province last year at this time. It was amazing. We visited Montreal for a week and then spent four days in Quebec City. It was **** cold in May so I feel your pain. I love Lambrettas. They are beautiful. However, they require a lot of care. I am more a Vespa man as they are easier to work on and quite reliable. I can tear down my Sprint and in an hour I can be riding again and running perfectly. Still...they are lovely. My daughters have limited interest in my scoots. They like to go for a ride but don't want to take them out.

·
Premium Member
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6
246 Posts
Love the Vespas and Lambrettas. Those, mint like yours are are worth a lot of money. Had a friend back in Portugal that bought them almost junk, restored them completely and sell. Good market for those as well. This was 20 years ago.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah...l bought mine in pretty good condition body wise but had to do a complete rebuild of the engine. Looking to find a Spider that's running but needs some work. I keep finding either total garbage or really nice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts