Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My spiders been in storage since ‘91 or so. Getting back to work on the car with the benefit of the internet really changes things!

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Welcome. Yes, lots of info here. That's a long time to be sitting. Most likely your tranny mount, Giubo and carrier bearing will need to be replaced, and your tires definitely need replacing. Pictures are great.

·
Super Moderator
11,683 Posts
Most likely your tranny mount, Giubo and carrier bearing will need to be replaced, and your tires definitely need replacing
All those parts - and anything else made of rubber - is suspect. Flexible brake lines, brake cylinder and caliper seals, ... should be added the list for inspection/replacement.

A lot depends on how the car was stored all these years: Indoors or outdoors? Was the fuel drained from the tank and spica pump or allowed to evaporate? Cooling system drained?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, luckily it was stored really well, I knew I was going away - so it wasn’t one of those just forgot about it situations. I’ll be honest - maybe my memories faulty, but condition seems like it was the day I left. Regardless, doing things like flushing fuel tank, pumps, replacing old fuel lines and filters. With fuel hoses disconnected and coil lead disconnected, she immediately turned over, seemingly begging to start!
My plan is to sell to be honest, but she is such a nice car. I’m working on another project - German of nearly same year - and when that one frustrates the hell out of me, I relax buy moving over to the Alfa to do some work! 😃

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Welcome aboard Scott, I am based in Amherst, but work downtown and have some wrenching skills. Rebuilt a flood car and it runs. PM me, I am available to help if I can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts