Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Anyone in Canada/BC.
We are the proud 3rd owner of a 1980 Spider Veloce. It is a lovely car that needs a bit of work but so far it is a dream to own and enjoy. Would really love to connect with other enthusiasts in the Pacific Northwest and other regions. The car was converted from fuel injection to Webber carbs when it came to Canada from California years ago. Runs well but would love anyone's input into increasing performance and ways to get more fresh air to the thirsty carbs. The car is missing the heat shield below the carbs which I would think is affecting performance in a negative way. Any suggestions as to how to re install heat shield would be much appreciated. Finally, I am in need of a maintenance manual for the car and electrical diagrams. Much appreciated if someone could guide me to a source or sell me one. Thanks very much in advance. Look forward to hearing from you. Cheers Silver80

·
Administrator
17,713 Posts
Welcome to the AlfaBB.

I don't know much about Weber carbs. But if you come on down to the Spider section and say hello there, you're more likely to find someone who can help (more 'traffic' there). And don't neglect to post post some photos - we like photos!

·
Premium Member
1,510 Posts
Welcome to the bb. Are you in Vancouver? There is a reasonably active Alfa group there and a very active Alfa group in Cranbrook.
I don’t believe there is a heat shield for the carbs on any nord engine, way back there was a heat sink under the carbs to pull warm air into the intake.
I like cardisc products for the maintenance manuals. The Braden owners bible is also nice to have. You will have to ask around for a papajam wiring diagram, well worth the hunt.
Looking forward to seeing pictures of your car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts