Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys: Joshua here with my new-to-me 1978 Spider. Mostly rust free Oregon car purchased a few weeks back in Florida. Welcome any new Alfa friendships. Been replacing all the old Marelli ignition parts with Bosch coil and pertronix. Also did a nice set of wires from Centerline. Pic below is very flattering--paint needs redone and I snagged a pair of front fender repair sheetmetal from Classic Alfa, so that my body and paint shop can easily cut in. Nice starting point, eh?

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Hi guys: Joshua here with my new-to-me 1978 Spider. Mostly rust free Oregon car purchased a few weeks back in Florida. Welcome any new Alfa friendships. Been replacing all the old Marelli ignition parts with Bosch coil and pertronix. Also did a nice set of wires from Centerline. Pic below is very flattering--paint needs redone and I snagged a pair of front fender repair sheetmetal from Classic Alfa, so that my body and paint shop can easily cut in. Nice starting point, eh?
View attachment 1666830
Welcome to AlfaBB. You will receive a ton of help here with any technical questions here.
I predict that some one will tell you to post more pictures. No names:LOL:
So are you in Oregon or Florida. The background does not look like Florida.
Centerline is a good parts source but there are several others as you will soon find out. I use several of them including Centerline

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Looking back on my five+ years of Alfa life, the two best things I have done:
1 - join this community
2 - join your local chapter of AROC - the Alfa Owners Club - lots of events and great, knowledgeable people in your area

John in NH

Reactions: JoshuaAlfa

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Welcome aboard ! Looks like a pretty sound starting point for a rolling restoration. Enjoy the ride !

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to AlfaBB. You will receive a ton of help here with any technical questions here.
I predict that some one will tell you to post more pictures. No names:LOL:
So are you in Oregon or Florida. The background does not look like Florida.
Centerline is a good parts source but there are several others as you will soon find out. I use several of them including Centerline
Thx man! yep, that’s Florida! Ybor city/Tampa. Centerline had some practical stuff, and I also got the fender repair panels from Classic Alfa—those guys have their S together. Lightning fast shipping! I will post a few more pics

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very nice car! If you are going to repaint, you might consider eliminating the Fed side markers. Simple to do at this stage...
Thanks man! Love the car, kinda like the side markers, hate the usa bumpers...I think they gotta go!

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Thx man! yep, that’s Florida! Ybor city/Tampa. Centerline had some practical stuff, and I also got the fender repair panels from Classic Alfa—those guys have their S together. Lightning fast shipping! I will post a few more pics
I do most of my ordering with Classic Alfa.
I did not think you were allowed to build a house in Florida that wasn't stucco with tile shingles. :LOL:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I do most of my ordering with Classic Alfa.
I did not think you were allowed to build a house in Florida that wasn't stucco with tile shingles. :LOL:
Haha I always said it was plywood, styrofoam and stucco whipped into a frenzy! Yeah, ybor area has a lot of mostly original 20’s bungalows that were very well built. Most are 3/1 with heart pine flooring and lathe and plaster walls, but I digress...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Joshua, the local AROC chapter is the Florida Alfa (FLAlfa) chapter. You can select it when you sign up at AROC-USA.org. Based close to you in clearwater. I’m about an hour from you in The Villages and have a couple os Spiders and some other Alfa’s / Lancias. The FLAlfa club has several events coming up in the next 3-4 months. Great group of Alfa owners. Rob

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Today’s project: replaced ngk plugs, confirmed fuel and spark, fitted new uni filters from Centerline and decided to get to a referral shop in Tampa next Wednesday (Kay’s euro auto) to troubleshoot Weber’s...compression is good and she’s getting fuel to Weber’s and spark from plugs...also fitted Pertronix electronic ignition, which seems to be working great. Almost started with the hell of starting fluid, but didn’t want to BBQ the Alfa a second time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looks like a fun Alfa. I just bought a spider this past fall and love it. So far I have found the local club and this board to be great resources. I'm also slowly discovering all the various sources for parts. Lots of good books out there as well you should get. I also got the CarDisk with the shop manuals. Enjoy it!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts