Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm excited to report that I just bought my first Alfa today! Although I'm not exactly a stranger to Italian cars, having had several Fiats including a '82 X1/9 which I currently own, this '86 Spider Quadrifoglio is a welcome new addition. As with my Fiat experience, I'm sure there will be a learning curve for me as I get to know the Alfa better....looking forward to it!

Attachments

·
Registered
266 Posts
Welcome aboard, and congratulations on you purchase! I have been on the board for a year or so and have been fortunate to have gotten soo much help with my car. I had a Spider years ago and would be happy to share any information from the past experience.

·
Weaving a Spider's Web.
1,156 Posts
She's a real beauty :cool: Welcome to the BB :)
I bought a 1979 X1/9 in 79 ....lol loved that little car! Had to sell her for a down payment on a house. Post up pics :)

·
Registered
805 Posts
Welcome aboard, ChrisF1. I used to have a Spider Quad also. I think it #4 in my Alfa purchases. I loved that car and still crave the open top experience it gave. Coincidentally, I have have just joined the FIAT community with a 2015 500 Abarth to commute to work in. I was driving my GTV6 every day and I didn't want to put that many more miles on it.

BTW, you will find that ALFA means Always Looking For Another!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome. I also had a '79 X1/9, many years ago. Here's a pic of the green '79 X I had prior to the orange '82 X I currently have.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome, araknd. I had a 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth as a daily driver for about a year.....I loved that car, but eventually needed something larger for work. If you have not yet registered for the Abarth Experience track event which is offered free of charge to all new Abarth purchasers, you should definitely look into it. I did the one at Texas Motor Speedway last year, and it was huge fun! Check abarthexperience.com for the schedule and location nearest to you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts