Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
As the title indicates, I am a new member but not for the first time. I haven't posted since 2012. At that time I was the owner of a 77alfetta gt that I had purchased from the original owner. Given the amount of time,some forgotten passwords,and some new emails,I decided it would be best to just start some new threads with a new screen name.
So let's start again. My name is Brendan and I once again purchased a beauty from the original owner or almost. The guy that I purchased the car from had only owner it for about a year and he purchased it from the original owner. This one is also an alfetta, but a little later model. I recently became the proud caretaker of an 84 gtv6. Ever since owning my gt I had wanted a gtv6 and I finally was able to find what I was looking for. This new car is an 84 as I previous!y stated. I have all of the original paperwork including the manual,original receipt, accessories brochure, and all receipts since he purchased the car. The car has been parked since about 05 so it will need some he!p to bring it back to life. It is not running, but I have narrowed it down to some leaky vac hoses and the timing be!t slipped a few teeth. I am guessing this happened when they first tried to start it after sitting for so long. I am in the process of replacing the timing belt etc. To get it running. Body is complete!y straight and the only real work it needs is some love in the interior. I will post some pics soon.
Anyway,glad to be a member again and can't wait to be part of the community again.

·
Premium Member
1,598 Posts
Welcome to the bb, hope it’s a fun journey for you. We are all eagerly awaiting your pictures

·
Premium Member
3,208 Posts
Welcome back. GTV6 section is looking forward to your posts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I will be starting a build thread in the gtv6 section soon. Here are a few pics of the car. One is of the car when I got it home and then another after a quick wash and buff. Amazing the improvement.thre is also a pic of the original wheels that the car came equipped with.. they are not on the car, but I have all five original wheels along with the wheels that are on the car currently. I will take more as things progress. I also forgot to mention in my previous post. I also got an extra engine with the car as well. It is the original motor from the car. It was replaced about 20k ago due to low compression. Currently it has an engine out of a Milano in it.i posted a pic of inside the valve cover just so you could see how clean the internals are.
0102211246.jpg
0102211538.jpg
0119211812.jpg
0119211847.jpg
0116212102.jpg

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
If you know (or was told) the timing belt slipped, and you say you're installing a new one, once you verify the cam marks and before you even think of starting it-- check the compression with all plugs removed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yes I know it the timing is off
Yes I'm installing a new belt
I already realigned the old belt for specifically checking the compression. Motor has nice even compression all the way across. It is all tore down again so I can replace the belt etc just due to age. Thank you for the advice. Much appreciated

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
I remember seeing that one for sale. I thought the price was too good to be true. Guess not! Nice deal. Good grab.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
∆∆∆I thought the same thing. When I went to see it though it was just as advertised. I'm really happy with the purchase. Can't wait to bring it back to life.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts