Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1985 Alfa Romeo Spider Graduate (US Model)
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all:

We've owned this lovely 1985 Alfa Spider Graduate (2.0, US model) since 2014. It has just 55K original miles (we're just its third owner). Our wonderful retired neighbor owned it, before he unexpectedly passed away 6 years ago, and his wife wanted us to buy it (which we did). You can still see his tan leather driving gloves where he last left them, in the second photo (we've kept them there, as a memorial to him)

It's got a clean CarFax (no accidents or other problems), is rust free and very clean and un-restored (other than a re-spray in 2010), and also a great runner. We used to take it out on short drives, then got busy (then not so much driving), but the last several years we've had more time.

I'm finally getting around to fixing its only 3 things needing it: the combination switch (low beams contacts don't work - fixing that, and adding the light relay upgrade as well), the speedo (25 MPH offset), and leaky rear differential gasket. I'm well versed in tools and own its shop manual, but I find forums like this invaluable in getting (and sharing) information to fellow owners (I've been a lurker, finally joined). I'm looking forward to sharing what useful knowledge I can contribute to this forum.

Cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts