Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Guys

I just installed the IAP headlight wiring upgrade kit on my 84 Alfa and I must say it is a nice kit and does not cost to much took me about an hour to get installed and now I can get Halogens and not fry up my electrical system.

Some of you guys might be interested in this kit pretty much Plug and play and not hard at all

Archangel :D :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Archangel,

I'm currently having some issues with my lights. For example, when the high beams are on, there doesn't seem to be enough power to light both head lights; low beams are fairly dim; when the brake light goes on, the engine has trouble idling. Would you guess that the wiring kit would fix some of these issues? What differences did you get when you upgraded the kit?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
Sounds like a problem with the alternator. What bulbs are you using?

I have 160/100 W h4's and 160 W H1's (fog) with relays, so I can draw 840 W or over 70 amps with everything on. No way that power could go thru the headlight switch, so you need relays. Also, at idle, the alternator will not put out full power, so you draw power from the battery. Still, the lights do not sag.

1. Is the wiring large enough to carry the current?
2. Are your relays working ?
3. Is something wrong with the alternator?
4. Are your grounds good?

Robert

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Robert is right your alternator is suspect. In the catalog and at IAP they said if you have problems with your electrical In Example high beams not working or problem with lights, The kit will not fix an electrical issue that is present.
What the kit will do is take draw away from the switch and allow you to run halogens
without burning up your wiring.

The system has all wiring ready to go and it has relays instructions are easy.
It will also make current non halogens brighter I believe because with the included relays. You have to drill into the headlight bucket but that only takes a minute for each side.
Like I said check the Alternator and check your grounds like Robert said.

angel

1 - 4 of 4 Posts