Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I recently bought a 1970 Osso di Seppia 1750 (US version) from Joop in Holland. I currently live in Rome but am originally from Melbourne Australia. Have decided to go for a full restore with some local Alfa restorers - as always will need some luck on getting it right and not blowing the budget!! Great to be part of AlfaBB!!

Anthony

·
Registered
126 Posts
G'day from Melbourne!! And Welcome.

I love Italy.... spent all of last July in Portofino!! Including a day at the Alfa Museum! Magnificent!

Let us know how we can help with the resto!

·
Registered
126 Posts
BTW... we need photos.

No photos? It didn't happen!

Let's start with what we have now... what's it look like?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice!!! The car was modified to twin carbs some time ago and have been told not to revert back to SPICA although I would like to keep to its original construction. It is not easy to find good and experienced SPICA mechanics in Rome so for the moment I will leave the engine as is. Another project for another day. However when I restore the body do i keep with the original emblems i.e. ALFA ROMEO Iniezione ???

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Picked up the car from Joop Stolze in Holland who just had it imported from California. Great guy with lots and lots and lots of classic cars!! Although it was registered in California it had a lot of rust on the floor - hence the complete (body and interior) restoration.
Have now been in Rome for 12 years and still loving it. This project will add to one of the many reasons why I still love it here!!
This is the link to Joop's site, specifically the car I picked up. If you have time its worth having a browse as I believe there are over 500 classic cars let alone all the motor bikes!!

Alfa Romeo-Duetto 1750 | Joop Stolze Classic Cars

1 - 6 of 6 Posts