Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been sniffing around this forum for a while but only just now bothered to register. Lots of useful information on here.

I'm from the UK originally and have had many Alfas in the past, Suds, 75's, 155, 156 etc. Moved over to NZ a few years ago and a bit shocked at how old the cars are here, and expensive.

The condition of some the older Alfas I've seen is pretty impressive though. Kiwis like to keep things going...

I presently have an old Alfetta GTV and a 916 series GTV V6. Thinking about a new MiTo for the Missus as well.

Anyway, the reason for posting was to ask if anyone has any feedback on the local AROC. I'm up in Auckland and was considering joining. If anyone on here is a member or has some experience of the club then I'd be grateful for the info.

Should I join? Is it worth the annual fee? Anybody have good (or bad) stories of events and the characters involved... etc

In the UK the Alfa community is quite fragmented in some areas and the AROC sometimes a bit "closed shop" if you know what I mean.

Keen to hear views on the Kiwi AROC scene before "taking the plunge".

Cheers

Dag

Edit: P.M. if you wish to stay anonymous

·
Registered
564 Posts
Join now, lots of members and events in Auckland , I'm in Hawkes Bay so I will let Auck members comment on events there, bring your Alfetta down to May Madness , in April, Nau Mai Haere Mai.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hey Dag, join up. Lots of interesting folk involved and a good social scene.

I've PM'd you my email address.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Welcome Aboard,
Join up, if you think they are prats you can always let your membership lapse the next year!
The Alfa people are generally friendly, you never know you might meet people that are wired the same as you.
Ian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts