Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would give the BB feedback on my replacement of the original black interior with a new red interior. I ordered seat covers from Classic Alfa in a dark red as used on Spiders, not the bright red used on Giulia sedans. (The car is far from original in many ways, so one more change was not an issue.) The covers replicate the stitch pattern of the original perfectly. Very nice.

I ordered a length of the red vinyl from Classic Alfa and shipped that to SMS Auto Fabrics in Oregon, along with a front and rear door card to be used as patterns. SMS made new door panels with the correct heat seaming. No complaints with the finished product, but it took 4½ months of cajoling and pleading to get the panels completed. If you use them, be prepared for missed commitments and poor customer service. Then again, all is well that ends well . . .

Attachments

·
Registered
678 Posts
That looks fantastic. I would love to change out my black gtv interior for ox blood.

My Super interior is being done as we speak in the original chocolatey brown. I cant wait to post pictures.

I do love the way yours turned out.

·
Premium Member
5,538 Posts
Sorry to hear you had trouble with Classic Alfa customer support. I ordered the Super seat covers and while it did take a about 6 weeks they were very good at keeping me informed. My understanding is that these are made to order by the original supplier so they are at their mercy. OTOH, I was able to have them make some minor changes with no cost penalty.

The quality of materials is excellent and the fit perfect. In my case it was definitely worth the wait.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Certainly a much more inviting interior than black. Well done, Jim. Hmm..... wonder how my white GTV's interior would look with this color?

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,033 Posts
Very nice. Love that color combo. White and black seem so stark. Did you check Paolini or Elvizio for door cards and the like? I know Paoliini makes carpet sets.

·
Premium Member
21,691 Posts
This is the second car I've heard of that was a great success with the Classic Alfa upholstery. It's way past time to redo my Super's seats, last done 1998, and maybe I'll go this route. Jim, the upholsterer reported no issues with the fit of the material, sounds like?

Andrew

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Truth be told, I have a problem with the upholsterer I used. He has agreed to have another go at it, which means I need to pull the front seats out again. It appears that he pulled the cover very tightly down around the back of the seat cushion, such that there is now a big gap between the seat cushion and the seat back. The seat cushion foam has been exceedingly compressed at the rear of the cushion. There is enough excess material, I believe, to allow the foam to return to its original state. I don't believe this is a problem with the Classic Alfa covers.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Todd, I am hoping someone else will respond to your request. Whereas the front seat foam was compressed too much, I think the opposite is true for the rear seat. I sweat bullets getting the seat bottom back far enough so the the two studs would drop in to place. I'm hoping not too pull it out any time soon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts