Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
motolust said:
The seats are black with red piping- just a bid faded- wasn't this an option on the Veloce?
The seats are correct ones for veloce models. If you decide to have the seats redone in the future, leatherseats.com sells black leather upholstery kit (w/ red stiches) on ebay at fairly reasonble cost ($450-500 range IIRC). I am pretty sure that the leather seats were standard on veloces of certain model year, IIRC. The orange sticker on the windshield is telling you that the cooling system contains alfa romeo roiginal antifreeze and the lowest outside temperature (-20 celsius, or -4 fahrenheit) it covers. Oh, and little electrical problems here and there that do not harm your driving pleasure are standard equipment on all alfas, even the new ones that are not sold in the US;) (my daily driver in my homecountry Japan is 2002 147TS).

BTW, I have a set of used front turn signal lenses. New ones are cheap (10-15USD per side) too, but the set I have is even cheaper:D . PM me if you are interested.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Great info- was wondering about that sticker. -
Yea electrical problems-- still can't get the dash lights on- it'd be nice to have em at night- I did find the heater blower switch just needed a "Fonz". tap tap- blowers on.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
motolust said:
Great info- was wondering about that sticker. -
Yea electrical problems-- still can't get the dash lights on- it'd be nice to have em at night- I did find the heater blower switch just needed a "Fonz". tap tap- blowers on.

Hopefully I can get my heater to turn on. I swear it was working when I bought this car (just got this particular Spider about 3 weeks ago... sold the old one a few nights ago).

The switch will turn on the orange light in the instrument cluster but nothing from the fan. Haven't gotten a good chacne to check it out. :confused:

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Were you able to find the dimmer knob for the dash lights?

On the throttle linkage part - you're not missing anything. I've always thought it was a lever to "blip" the throttle from within the engine compartment. In my defense, I did think that was a bit strange. I guess it's just a "legacy" part - no hand throttle on your car.

Chris

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I did find the dimmer- that yielded no results?? Thanks for telling me that it's a legacy part- I was really scratching my head on that one. Here's another what is this: a hole to nowhere in the dash - left side of steering wheel ??? And check out the shaged rebound straps (that is what that is right?)

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
Two areas that I have found needed service on mine are the rubber air intake hoses and exhaust manifold nuts. The nuts should be brass with special washers. The exhaust manifold is supposed to crack easily, so the right hardware and torque is a good idea. The rubber hoses are often over tightned, causing the clamps to cut them.

Attachments

21 - 27 of 27 Posts