Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
That is really nice. I would love one of these, but instead have a Duetto Spider. Congrats!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lovely car, and great move to get rid of the ugly yellow inner headlights. Looks soooooooooooo much better now :)

Pete
Agreed. I went with a setup from Daniel Stern, who was great to work with and helped me with some troubleshooting (issue was unrelated to the product). I still need to accurately aim them but a couple brief nighttime drives have proven they work very well.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
That is one gorgeous GTV, alright. I was looking it over on BAT, also. Great color combination, too.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks great. Congrats.

Anymore pics or details?
Current setup includes: aftermarket springs (not sure what mfr), Koni reds (which look tired), braided steel brake lines, Alfaholics GTA reps, Weber conversion, 123 usb ignition, euro cams and high compression pistons (as purported by prior owner - I’ve not confirmed), Stern lighting upgrade, new front exhaust section, Stinger rear, new idler box bushings, front sway bushings and drop links, functional hand throttle.
Automotive parking light Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

The next major project is rebuilding the Burman box. It’s notchy and “poppy”. It doesn’t leak excessively and I’ve not found any cracks, but it definitely detracts from the driving experience.
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Car seat cover Automotive design

Car Wheel Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks great! What are the details on the lighting upgrade that you went with?
I went with Koito 7” and 5 3/4” lamps with bulbs (don’t have bulb info on hand), a relayed harness, new side marker bulbs (brighter), and a logic module so the side markers will flash with the F/R turn signals. Stern requires that you measure a few points relative to building the correct harness length. In hindsight I was a couple inches shorter than optimal as I didn’t know how the sheet metal behind/below the grill would require the wiring to fish through. It all works, but is a bit tight in a couple spots.

·
Registered
1974 GTV 2000, stock
23 Posts
Che bella colore! Congratulations! I got my '74 GTV in mid '19, and I'm in SF. Maybe I'll see you on 280 one of these days. Look out for a blue plated rosso amaranto.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Hey there, GT forum! I took delivery of my ‘74 this past April and have been enjoying the new adventure of classic Alfa ownership. I’ve been putting a lot more time and $ into this car than initially planned (sound familiar?) but enjoying the process.
Congrats! She's super pretty!

As for time and $$, yes, I'm going through the same thing. Picked mine up this last May. Planning on suspension and steering refresh this winter.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Che bella colore! Congratulations! I got my '74 GTV in mid '19, and I'm in SF. Maybe I'll see you on 280 one of these days. Look out for a blue plated rosso amaranto.
Thanks! We’re unlikely to cross paths however as I moved the car to Minnesota! It’s certainly a unique ride out here.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts