Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CA and My Alfa Group both sell repro GTV dashes. But they do not have a hole for the US Spec hazard light button. On a US dash it would go where the yellow dot is in the picture below.

Has anyone adapted one of these new dashes to accomodate the button? If so, how did you go about it?

DASHBOARD GT BERTONE 2000

Rectangle Composite material Auto part Electric blue Laptop accessory

·
Registered
843 Posts
I got mine from CA in the past year. From memory, the hole for the button was in the metal skeleton of the dash and visible from the back, but covered by dash surface material. I used an Exacto knife to carefully carve out the foam and dash surface material to open the hole. As I recall, the hole for the lamp above the switch was not present and I just left it off.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@dmericas - thanks for that. Super helpful. Are you generally happy with the quality, look, fit of the CA dash?

·
Registered
843 Posts
Yes, I have been happy with it and would buy it again.

The fit was a bit tight on installation, but the surface finish is perfect, essentially like a new car’s. All the switches, lights, vents, and instrument pod fit perfectly with a small amount of fiddling. The only serious issue I encountered was that the stud for the glovebox latch was/is welded off perpendicular to the back of the dash. I didn’t try to bend it for fear of the weld breaking. Instead, I bent the latch piece to compensate and it works fine.

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks...that is really helpful.

Reactions: dmericas
1 - 5 of 5 Posts