Alfa Romeo Forums banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

Registered
I checked ePer. Basically the springs have 2 different calibrations for each car versions (RWD or 4WD, diesel or petrol). The main difference if it has a sunroof or not (as I remember it's about 70kg difference in a weight)

So versions with the performance package (LSD and electronic shock absorbers) have the same springs as regular.

I assume in this case that the suspension geometry is equal for regular cars and cars with performance pack.

Lighter wheels? Again, in ePer is easy to find a weight of every part, but I would check OZ Superleggera.

Sent from my Z957 using Tapatalk

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #42
Man this thread has turned into a great discussion 馃檪
Pete
;)

UPDATE

Took another giulia out for a spin today. Confirm. Nothing needs to be done to this car, PERIOD! I really drove it hard and really studied the performance, handling and ergonomics of the car. I cannot see changing anything for the better. Bear in mine I drove a Q2 with active and 19x8, 19x9 wheel package. Absolutely amazing car! Just simply perfection out of the box. All I want is Nero mirrors and a carbon fiber spoiler as well as some QV side skirts and 19x9 wheels for the rear on my Q4. Other than that there is no performance mod, suspension mod or any other useless mod I would add.

Such a beautiful car!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #44
Check EU accessories catalog, they have skirts and spoilers for Giulia

Sent from my Z957 using Tapatalk
Looking around for wrecked cars to pull from. Might buy a few in the next couple of years to part out. I don't see the need for part yet but I may bring one in to part and store parts for the future. Hopefully I can score some mirrors or at least get them painted in the nero color, rear spoiler is no big deal. Side skirts for sure, it will just add a nice flare. (haha). I'd maybe like a nice exhaust note but in all reality not sure a SS exhaust would do much except make it louder.

Registered
I cannot see anyone modifying a Giulia QV unless you want to build a track car. I think it is much cheaper to buy a used sports racer and have a true track car. I had a friend who race his Alfa Spider in SCCA D Production and his partner said that it would have been cheaper to race a SCCA B sports racer. The cost to build a racing sports car is really expensive and competing against factory sponsered race cars is very difficult.

Registered
I cannot see anyone modifying a Giulia QV unless you want to build a track car. I think it is much cheaper to buy a used sports racer and have a true track car. I had a friend who race his Alfa Spider in SCCA D Production and his partner said that it would have been cheaper to race a SCCA B sports racer. The cost to build a racing sports car is really expensive and competing against factory sponsered race cars is very difficult.
You might be surprised. There are lots of modified M3s and C63s running around. However, most people who modify will do minor things like add a tune and a downpipe. An extra 100hp is likely doable without doing anything too drastic.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
I love this car!

First upgrades, Tires. OEM p7's are junk. Will install Pzeros or Michelin PS4S. with Rear 19x9 or 19x8 wheels. No more 225 stretch either.

-245/35/19 front (rear depending on wheel), 255/40/19 on 19x9 or stock size for 19x10 on Qv.

-no carbon fiber

-maybe b pillar carbon fiber like the OEM 164 carbon fiber I have. I found some nice carbon fiber mirror covers with subtle alfa logo on them. Pretty tasteful I think.

-Rear spoiler. Not sure on that yet.Painted the trofeo white.

-Will either upgrade exhaust to SS by Supersprint or remove mid muffler and rear for a bit more sporty sound, it is a bit quiet. Also working with an Italian company on a flasher.

-Will not touch suspension at this point. It's really quite nice the way it is. This car would be obnoxious lowered! It already rides like it is lowered. Part of it is the Sh** tires!

-Tint is being removed. Hate it!!! Plus its wavy on the back window at that angle and too **** dark!

Happy the car came with a clear bra on the entire front end.

164 and 952 together. 164 in it's normal position, being repaired for something... haha kidding, Q2 still being installed. ;) I will miss the 164 greatly!

Attachments

Registered
I love this car!

First upgrades, Tires. OEM p7's are junk. Will install Pzeros or Michelin PS2. with Rear 19x9 or 19x10 wheels. No more 225 stretch either.

-245/35/19 front (rear depending on wheel), 255/40/19 on 19x9 or stock size for 19x10 on Qv.

-A little carbon fiber here and there will be a nice touch but I am not going to throw it up all over the car.

-b pillar carbon fiber like the OEM 164 carbon fiber I have. I found some nice carbon fiber mirror covers with subtle alfa logo on them. Pretty tasteful I think.

-Rear spoiler. Not sure on that yet. Maybe go carbon fiber or painted the trofeo white.

-Will either upgrade exhaust to SS by Supersprint or remove mid muffler and rear for a bit more sporty sound, it is a bit quiet. Also working with an Italian company on a flasher.

-Will not touch suspension at this point. It's really quite nice the way it is. This car would be obnoxious lowered! It already rides like it is lowered. Part of it is the Sh** tires!

-Tint is being removed. Hate it!!! Plus its wavy on the back window at that angle and too **** dark!

Happy the car came with a clear bra on the entire front end.

164 and 952 together. 164 in it's normal position, being repaired for something... haha kidding, Q2 still being installed. ;) I will miss the 164 greatly!
Sold 164?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #51
Sold 164?
Yes, time to move on. I have not thought much about it since it sold. Loving this new one too much even though it's very digital!

Attachments

Registered
I knew I could find you here lol! I got a year and some change left on my VW CC lease, but I am seriously considering a Giulia. Will be interested to see how yours holds up. Also I see you still have your 164, that is awesome! Look forward to more posts on both cars, take it easy brotha,
Jon

Registered
P7 is not a bad tire but it doesn't pretend to be high performance. Runflats are universally awful tires by comparison to the regular version of the same tire.

Pirelli PZero is much better but then it is intended to be by Pirelli. PZero A/S Plus is a very good tire for an all season. Rides better, quieter and better in the wet than the Michelin equivalent. Michelin aims their high performance all season more to the dry end of the scale.

Runflats are the solution to a non existent problem. Ditch those asap for a better regular design.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #54
I knew I could find you here lol! I got a year and some change left on my VW CC lease, but I am seriously considering a Giulia. Will be interested to see how yours holds up. Also I see you still have your 164, that is awesome! Look forward to more posts on both cars, take it easy brotha,
Jon
Buddy! Email me!!

So far the giulia is AWESOME! No issues at all. I specifically went for late 2017. No carplay or anything. Q4 version in trofeo. Love it man. What I miss? Manual trans but this thing is so bloody fast to shift I don't care. V6 sound and performance even though so slow compared to the giulia. Both have stellar looks but the 164 does have that classic pinninfarina design that never gets dull.
Miss having the only one around in that shape.

Otherwise I have not seen another trofeo Q4 in SD, only a QV and he is my customer.

I'd dump that VW. I won't buy another one of those things again. My TDI Touareg has been at VW for 3 months getting a new engine and fuel system under warranty.

Registered
Buddy! Email me!!

So far the giulia is AWESOME! No issues at all. I specifically went for late 2017. No carplay or anything. Q4 version in trofeo. Love it man. What I miss? Manual trans but this thing is so bloody fast to shift I don't care. V6 sound and performance even though so slow compared to the giulia. Both have stellar looks but the 164 does have that classic pinninfarina design that never gets dull.
Miss having the only one around in that shape.

Otherwise I have not seen another trofeo Q4 in SD, only a QV and he is my customer.

I'd dump that VW. I won't buy another one of those things again. My TDI Touareg has been at VW for 3 months getting a new engine and fuel system under warranty.
Sorry to hear about your Touareg.

I absolutely love our VW Tiguan.

Thanks

Attachments

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #56
Sorry to hear about your Touareg.

I absolutely love our VW Tiguan.

Thanks
S**T happens I guess. High pressure fuel pump imploded and caused the right cylinder head to fail. Crunching valves. 135K miles on the TDI. Love this car very much and it has had ZERO issues until this point.

I hope the repair does not cause to the a pain from here on out. My issue with VW is how they have handled it despite the repairs being all on them. $15-20K in repairs approx. Thanks VW for the warranty. :D

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #57
Here she is. Only added a rear spoiler, painted of course as I don't like the carbon fiber trend.

Next is the Tecnico Bright Silver wheels. Made in Germany. Lighter and Silver not Anthracite or whatever dark color the wheels are. I am over this carbon fiber and dark wheel non-sense.

Going with supersprint exhaust but may add Fiammenghi Italian made rear exhaust with valve. Super nice.

Attachments

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #58
Added the Seletron Chipbox to my Giulia. What a great product. It's a mild tune that gives it 34Hp and 358ft-lb TQ. I can also fine tune it up to 145%. The Chip box is TUV approved and has a 3 year warranty, none of the others offer this. It's also 100% engineered and made in Italy.
The Giulia is even more peppy and strong. It was already fast as all get out but now it is a bit more refined. Seletron Chipbox along with the Pedal booster transformed this car to an even better machine.

A nice mild tune that can be boosted by the owner, is TUV certified and has a 3 year warranty.

More info here.
https://alfissimo.com/365-seletron-chipboxpedalboosters-made-in-italy

Premium Member
Dunno if I like the white spoiler on the back. To my mind, doesn't look quite right. But, that's just MHO. Nothing to do with it being graphite or whatever. Having said that, though, I don't care too much for black wheels.

Nice looking otherwise with the silver wheels.

Registered
Last fall, I test drove a Giulia TI Sport/Q4, with the big Conti tires, at speed. The handling was just impeccable, with lots of stick and very, very predictable. The balance was perfect, you could play with the car in the turn, off power, on power, and it would simply go along with you with no vices at all. And the power... all the way up the rev band it just kept delivering. Talk about "Alfa heaven" (hats off, Tom).

It's one superb handling sport sedan, and will embarrass many a pretender if driven well. As the late great Henry N. Manney III once wrote of the TZ, "It would take a real nit to get one off the road."

41 - 60 of 78 Posts