Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
I live in Italy and I love Giulia.
With Google I was looking for brake disc and I found you!
I never expected to find Alfa enthusiasts around the world.
I have other cars but Giulia is the one that gives me more feeling.
I am not a trader, I have a good knowledge and I will be happy to help you.
Unfortunately, I do not speak English well, sorry for my terrible writing.
This is my 1600 Giulia Super, Biscione, 1970.

Toti

Attachments

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Welcome to the BB Toti! Your English is very good, so don't worry. It is certainly a lot better than my Italian. I need help from my wife who teaches the language at high school, or from my kids who both speak Italian very well. I should be a lot better than I am. I really must speak to them in Italian as much as possible so I can get up to speed with it, so please excuse the fact that I have not replied to your post in Italian.

Your car looks very nice. Giulia Supers are great little cars.

·
Registered
8,861 Posts
Great looking Giulia!! Welcome to the BB

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Seems to be a very well cared for car !
Giulias are some of the most satisfying to drive.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Great looking car, Toti! Unlike Europe, not many TI's and Supers were sold here in the states so we're currently having a Ti and Super renaissance and several of us have found excellent examples in Europe to buy and import. At last count we have 7-8 in our relatively small club here in Texas.

We have a separate forum here for Ti's and Supers. I spend a lot of time each week looking at the photos. :)

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/sedan-1963-1974/54078-giulia-berlina-picture-roll-call.html

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Many thanks, I can just send the photos in the link below.
In Italy there are many Giulia, but in recent years, the prices go up, especially for 1600 and the cars before 1970.
You can no longer buy the GT Junior 2000, no less than 18/20000 euro !!!! :eek:

Toti

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is the Biscione, Alfa symbol.

A nice story: Google Translate, Italian to English, write Biscione, the translation is ... Alfa Romeo!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
My wife, who teaches Italian, says that Wikipedia is not quite right in that the grass snake is non-venomous and the viper is venomous. They are two different snakes. The biscione part is correct though. I always wondered what biscione meant. I have learned something new this morning thanks to the BB.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Right, the grass snake is not venomous, but Giulia is BAD!
Congratulations to your wife! ;)

·
Registered
260 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Biscione

Ciao Toti,

auguri, che bella machina e pezzo della storia italiana. Communque, e davvero una favola bianca con l'interno rosso.

CT vuol dire che sei di Catania?

Saluti
Roberto

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Very great Giulia.
Prices for the Bertone are very high in Belgium too.
But you can sometimes find good Alfa's in Nederlands

I found my '72 1.3 Super on Marktplaats a couple of years ago and, with the help of the patron saint of Giulias Roland/Giulia Blanca, bought it: rust free, never hit, low milage, remarkably original even down to the paint (well, most of it). Although prices appear to be up there are still some very nice cars to be found there.

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ciao Toti,

auguri, che bella machina e pezzo della storia italiana. Communque, e davvero una favola bianca con l'interno rosso.

CT vuol dire che sei di Catania?

Saluti
Roberto
Yes!
CT = Catania (Sicily) ;)

Roberto? Nome un pò italiano o sbaglio?

·
Registered
260 Posts
And here are some pictures I got not far from I'm living of a rather rare Lancia... very nice car !

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
In Nederlands is not very easy to find cars without rust.
Sicily is like Texas, there is little rain, no snow, so easy to find cars with very little rust, also original, never restored.
My Giulia had only the usual problems at doors.

Last week I saw a beautiful '74 GT 2000, only 50000 km, originally painted red, only one owner, only ... 30000 euro! :eek:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
And here are some pictures I got not far from I'm living of a rather rare Lancia... very nice car !

Lancia Flavia Convertibile Vignale
Vignale was a famous "carrozziere" (I do not know how to translate!) 60s.
Very nice, but costs much less of an Alfa in the same period, about 15000 euros.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts