Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I have fitted a new mechanical fuel pump to my car, it looks different to the old one and I'd welcome thoughts as to which the inlet and the outlet are.

This is the new one:

The front of the engine is to the right of the picture, so my immediate assumption would be that the fuel enters to the left (the rear) and exits to the right (the front). However there is an arrow you can see on the protrusion at the front of the pump that points backwards, suggesting a flow in the other direction.

The old one, was rather more helpful, with 'uscita out' near the exit, although both inlet and outlet pointed towards the back of the engine.

Does anyone else have this new pattern of fuel pump and can you confirm which the inlet and outlet are?

Also, my fuel filter was connected previously between the pump and the carbs. Is it normally fitted here? I'd have expected it to be mounted between the tank and the pump to stop impurities getting into the pump.

Many thanks

Duncan

·
Premium Member
2,632 Posts
Arrow on top seems to indicate " fuel in "
Cheers, Jon

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Fuel in on the arrow side. I find the replacements are often different than the originals. There are outfits that can repair old pumps if you search online.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts