Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with the fuel pump offered by Vick's, #SKU 33-5611? I have a '74 Spidedr with Spica and application for the model fits this pump per Vick's description. Cost is $85. Any stamping on where it is made with maker name on it? Thanks.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I found a Bosch 044 new in OEM packaging on E-Bay for $129 with free shipping and it's not built in China....
Spend a little bit more and get more.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fuel pump

Thanks for you information. I went to EBay and found Bosch 044 #0580254004 listed for $119 but when my '74 application was put in it said does not fit this make and model. Pump states 95PSI. Not familiar with SPICA pressure requirements either. I believe there is a big difference in carb cars and SPICA cars. Could you be more specific on the Bosch item you bought for your car? Thanks.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Hi -

Do you have a 2 or 3 outlet pump in there now? If it is a 2 outlet pump then check the Bosch 69412 pump. You want to find one made in the Czech Republic not China.

If you have a the original 3 outlet pump you have 2 options. You can look for another 3 outlet pump. Check with Alfahill and see if he still has any for sale. The other option is to convert your car to the 2 pump outlet configuration. If you search the board you will find instructions on how to do it. If you go this route you might as well replace all of your rubber fuel lines.

Drew

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
A satisfactory replacement pump is the supply pump listed for the L-Jet cars. The usual suppliers, Centerline, IAP, Vicks etc. have suitable substitute supply pumps for the Spica system. These pumps can output high pressure, but the pressure in a Spica system is regulated by the size of the restrictor orifice exiting the injection pump and bled back into the fuel tank via the fuel return line.

With the correct size orifice (about 1/16") the L-Jet supply pump will maintain about 15 psi (alternator running). 7-17 psi is normal for the Spica system.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fuel Pump

Thanks for advise. I too found Bosch pumps at Amazon for $127.00. Only concern is the part number. I was told #69412 but you say #69414. I don't really know which model is to be used on my '74 and I don't know if later Spider injection requirements are the same like your '82. Don 't want to over think this, just want to get the correct model of Bosch for my application and be done with it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Look into Wes Ingram's web site Ingram Enterprises Inc.
This gentleman is one of the best sources on fuel injection, Spica in particular.
He's got a great book for Spica pumps for $30.
Also is a great source for engine work.
They are located in Burlington Wa, just north of Seattle.
Web site is well done.

·
Registered
91 Posts
My belief and understanding is that the 69414 is the superseded part to the 69412. I do not know the specifications of the pump, but am confident in the oem unit as designed..

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
fuel pump

Thanks for reminding me about Wes. I have his book and have spoken to him several times about other SPICA matters and have met him at California Convention, but forgot to ask his opinion on the correct Bosch fuel pump. I will go with the 69414 model unless he tells me otherwise. Thanks for all the help and advise and a new pump will be on the way from Amazon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts