Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My poor 87 Verde I just acquired runs well but can be better after 237k miles!! I'm not going to clean 237k mile injectors but buy new ones along with all original fuel hoses, lines, fuel filter, etc.. Centerline has non descript fuel injectors at $108 each, don't know if the come with an o ring set. Theyre the priciest out there!! CarID, Parts Geeks, and Rock Auto have the new Standard brand at $45 each, and Summit Racing has Beck Arnley at $63.

Anyone have any others they would recommend new? Already tried and returned a set of 6 refurbished from carID for $25 each and they looked like crap.

On another note, I also replaced the old vacuum hoses with a new Greg Gordon silicon set. Very nice and easy to install.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Injectors are sold at lot of places. Looking to see what others may be using.

·
Premium Member
15,995 Posts
You sure you need them at this point in time? Change the other stuff, but run a couple bottles of one of the fuel injection cleaner products, such as Techron first. Give the stuff a chance to clean things up. The injectors don't really wear that much, but can get really dirty and clogged if Tier 1 fuel is not used regularly. Have never had an injector problem in any of my FI Alfas using that stuff for years, even after many thousands of miles using grocery store Tier 2 gas (no injector/fuel system cleaner, such as included in Chevron).

Or, Alfisto Steve, usually on the 164 section, recommends an outfit who does an excellent job of restoring injectors for not a lot. Ask him for the info.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep need to replace original fuel injector with original fuel rubber hoses that somehow haven’t split and caused a gas leak. Also replaced the injector connectors that literally fell part when I disconnected.
Cost difference between refurbished with new fuel hose with washers and new fuel injectors is about $7 each. So I’m going with new.
Guessing most people don’t have 237k miles on their Alfa and would rather clean injectors instead of buying new.

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
Beck Arnley made good injectors but there are a few variants - be sure you get the right one. Some are compatible some aren't.

I do know the Centerline ones were real nice and did come with the hose on top and a new clamp to replace the "top hat" cups. The Centerline ones were stainless bodies and nicely machined. They dont look like the generic overseas injectors that are sold elsewhere. They weren't Bosch (I don't think Bosch available anymore unless NOS). I seem to recall that Ian at Centerline made a nice deal on a set of 6 injectors.

I have a set of low mileage BOSCH originals that were sent out in a batch of about 24 injectors. The place that did the refurb grouped the batches by flow rate after servicing. Even though they were all very, very close I ended up with 2 perfectly matched sets and several dead injectors that were not able to be saved.

If they're working (not seized), it's not a bad option to consider the pro cleaning services on an original Bosch injector vs a big box new injector... Fuel Injector Connection in Cumming GA is phenomenal. And, they sell the little "top hat" cups if you want to go all original.

FYI.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bought new ones Standard Brand, for $45 ea includes new hose, o rings, clamp, etc. Installed and car running very well. Was able to advance the timing setting too and runs smooth.

Attachments

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah a buddy of mine in reno also bought the same injectors for his Milano and it also is running well. He has three Milanos and he plans to also replace the injectors on the other two. Told him he better replace all the fuel and vacuum hoses too. I replaced mine and its night and day All new injector connectors too.

·
Registered
466 Posts
The difference between new and original injectors was night and day on my car. Smoother, more efficient, better idle more mid-range. I used Greg Gordons (HiPerfStore) and have now converted to Motronic 1.1 and its even better yet. If I were smarter I would have made myself a new fuel rail years ago to accept Bosch EV1 style o-ring injectors and then I could use the new super fine spray tip injectors

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
I had the GTV6's and Verde's fuel injectors rebuilt and blue printed at Marren FI. GTV6 runs nice and smooth, still haven't fired up the rebuilt motor for the Verde.. It was like $25 per and they gave as received and final results. One of the GTV6's injectors was shot and they had them in stock. Just another option and I had good luck there..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts