Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
at least this one looks good, unlike that concept from a magazine last year, done over a picture of a Cayman.

sadly, Ferrari has officially said they will not sell a less expensive model, and will not make another Dino :(
not that i expect to ever afford one anyway . . .

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
sadly, Ferrari has officially said they will not sell a less expensive model, and will not make another Dino :(
I really hope Ferrari NEVER toy with the original Dino and push out a retro model. Its a sacred object in Ferrari lore, and much as I am not really a big fan of post-80's Ferrari styling, the Dino should remain a memory.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
The renderings do look nice. If Enzo were alive today I think that there might be a chance that we would see something like this go into production.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
The renderings do look nice. If Enzo were alive today I think that there might be a chance that we would see something like this go into production.
You think Enzo would be in favour of a re-hash or resurection of an old design?!?!? Not the Enzo that i've read a-

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
What I meant was that a car that embodied the idea behind the original Dino may still be in production if Enzo were still alive and in charge. I'm not sure if the current sketches would be that car since Ferrari is not known to "rehash" old ideas (the Dino is still a Ferrari after all, not a Porsche). But the renditions of this thing are still pretty good and even in modernization of the old model this "Dino" is attractive. Sort of in the same way the Duetto evolved into the S4 and how the 8C took its cues from the 33 Stradale and the Tubolare Zagato of the 1960s.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Oh I hear what you say, but in my opinion designs like the ones you've mentioned are more like theft than evolution. The Duetto evolved into the kamm tail car, but the S4 was borne of attempting to stretch a design past its date.

The new 8C is a retro design - a good one, but a retro design none the less.

·
Registered
454 Posts
The new entry level Ferrari,which will be called 430 GT California (code name F149),is almost ready.
Aluminium chassis,V8 4,3lit engine with flat plane crankshaft,450 hp,engine at the front,transaxle,F1 Superfast gearbox,2+2,130,000+ euros in Europe.Will be debut next year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts