Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Ken
I wish you luck......... a lot has to do with the buyer. If you trust him your probably OK
RML
He is a Alfa BB'er so I expect he will not be the problem. I sent something to a BB'er in Greece (a fuel Tank for an FI GTV) once and he was not worried as he expected the parcel to sit in Athens Post office for at least a month after he knew it was there.

k

·
Registered
234 Posts
You can always do what I request when I am considering buying or selling a car. I have the seller or buyer meet me at the police station. You can always ask to send packages to their local police station, or local Alfa dealer, or straight to their post master whether in the states or overseas. It takes some communication to set that up, but if the buyer doesn’t like the idea, pound salt.

They take photos of most packages being dropped off here nowadays.

I actually had one taken IN my garage because my wife left the garage door up!

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
He is a Alfa BB'er so I expect he will not be the problem. I sent something to a BB'er in Greece (a fuel Tank for an FI GTV) once and he was not worried as he expected the parcel to sit in Athens Post office for at least a month after he knew it was there.

k
The post office sent me notice of delivery and the buyer confirmed delivery to me. Surprisingly the Post office delivered in about 2 weeks (Oct 22 to Nov 6) rather than the 2 months they quoted.

FWIW

KEN

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The post office sent me notice of delivery and the buy confirmed delivery to me. Surprisingly the Post office delivered in about 2 weeks (Oct 22 to Nov 6) rather than the 2 months they quoted.

FWIW

KEN
Happy for you Ken......... My guy left me bad feedback and more than likely got the parts as well.
I will never know! You would think an honest guy would reach out and discuss this situation
and maybe ask for a refund before filing a claim. But hey, they know it cannot be tracked outside the US.
RML

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Happy for you Ken......... My guy left me bad feedback and more than likely got the parts as well.
I will never know! You would think an honest guy would reach out and discuss this situation
and maybe ask for a refund before filing a claim. But hey, they know it cannot be tracked outside the US.
RML
Thanks. Well he is a BBer. The post office obviously tracked as I got notice. But my prefix was CC and suffix CA. It was supposed to go by surface but must have gone air.

I have never had a really bad experience after many buys and sells on ebay and otherwise. Once the buyer showed me that the envelope was ripped open and part missing. I think a machine did it and after that I used better packages.

Ken

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
I once sent an expensive item using USPS to Australia and it was stolen in Australia. The buyer had to file a claim with Australian Post Office because it was stolen at their residence. I know that sending anything to another country is a problem and their are a number of countries that I would never send anything because of theft. I might use DHL because they always ask for a signature before they deliver anything.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I once sent an expensive item using USPS to Australia and it was stolen in Australia. The buyer had to file a claim with Australian Post Office because it was stolen at their residence. I know that sending anything to another country is a problem and their are a number of countries that I would never send anything because of theft. I might use DHL because they always ask for a signature before they deliver anything.
Re DHL: Or they ask the receiver to wave the need for a signature. I guess then the receiver is also waving other things such as a claim.

Ken

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
I always have to sign for a DHL delivery or they will not leave the package at my doorstep like UPS or USPS but, you can pay more to have UPS or USPS obtain a signature at the address. I always insure my packages and have not had any problems. I still do not want to send anything to countries do not have mail insurance.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
My problem was that it was some vintage key blanks.... not really worth much but
no reason to steal. don't want to pay 40.00 shipping for 3 keys for a Milano. Shipped them
in an untraceable envelope for 15.00.
Its all good, I/we just need to vet the buyers a bit, that's all.
RML

21 - 30 of 30 Posts