Alfa Romeo Forums banner

141 - 160 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello

Don't know why I never saw this-been lurking for a while. Ive got a fairly decent 72 GTV-silver with black interior, restored.

Bought the car in Brattleboro, VT in 1996, restored it over the years including full strip to bare metal, repaint (minimal rust repair was necessary, believe it or not, it had just landed in Vermont when I got it, thankfully) car has appx. 80,000 miles on it.

During the restoration it also got a new clutch, brakes, tires, every moving or rubber suspension part, all suspension beadblasted and repainted, etc.

Live in West Hartford, Ct-i also own a shop specializing in metal fabrication/restoration services mainly on older BMW's but of course alfa rust is the same just more extensive than BMW rust! Sports Car Restoration

I've seen a lot of older BMW 2002's come through my hands, I love those cars too, but this Alfa has always held my fancy and I'd never sell it-in fact, it was built in Aug. 1972, the same year as I was born.

(alfa's the silver one)

·
Registered
596 Posts
Clean looking car, love the color. I might need to talk to you about a "little" alfa rust at some point... I use to drive up to Bloomfield from Bethel, probably right by your shop, but just started a new job closer. Anyway, great looking car!
. ryan

·
Registered
462 Posts
York County, Southern Maine. Get your snow shovels out... it's coming!

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Gtv

Don't know why I never saw this-been lurking for a while. Ive got a fairly decent 72 GTV-silver with black interior, restored.

Bought the car in Brattleboro, VT in 1996, restored it over the years including full strip to bare metal, repaint (minimal rust repair was necessary, believe it or not, it had just landed in Vermont when I got it, thankfully) car has appx. 80,000 miles on it.

During the restoration it also got a new clutch, brakes, tires, every moving or rubber suspension part, all suspension beadblasted and repainted, etc.

Live in West Hartford, Ct-i also own a shop specializing in metal fabrication/restoration services mainly on older BMW's but of course alfa rust is the same just more extensive than BMW rust! Sports Car Restoration

I've seen a lot of older BMW 2002's come through my hands, I love those cars too, but this Alfa has always held my fancy and I'd never sell it-in fact, it was built in Aug. 1972, the same year as I was born.

(alfa's the silver one)
Matt - I live in Glastonbury and have a 74 GTV. Once this white stuff is gone I'd love to drive to your shop and trade notes.

Michael.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Moved to Chatham Center which is not near the center of Chatham.
Just south of Albany, New York.
Own an 84 GTV 6...gone to bed for the winter.
Too much ice, snow.

·
Registered
87 Posts
86 Black Alfa Spider from Ossipee, NH. Car is presently in barn, awaiting parts so I'll be ready to hit the road again after the snow is gone.

·
Registered
51 Posts
1967 Giulia Super and 1969 Giulia 1300 Ti about 1/2 mile from Lime Rock Park in Lakeville, CT. Also spend a good part of each summer in Southwest Harbor, Maine.

·
Registered
45 Posts
1967 Giulia Super and 1969 Giulia 1300 Ti about 1/2 mile from Lime Rock Park in Lakeville, CT. Also spend a good part of each summer in Southwest Harbor, Maine.

Oh really???
I'm just down the way from SWH...

Have you by chance seen the race prepped 75???
I have to talk to the driver if he's around this summer.

·
Registered
45 Posts
A gent named John, from what his brother in law mentioned, he had just got it from Florida, last year. You can't miss the car..
Bright red, with if I can remember correctly, a large Alfa corse decal on the rear...and a few others. Plus some stripes..in the fashion of the Italian flag.
A super quick look on the inside, revealed a legit looking roll cage etc.etc..

I'll be sure to get more details of it this summer...and possibly post them in the 75/Milano forums section

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Thanks, let me know the details when you find out, I'm interested in talking to him to see what he's done to the car or what was previously done.

Kevin

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hello everyone in New England, it is almost spring, oops, another foot of snow coming today! I digress, I have sold my white spider on Back River Rd, Dover,NH. It is going to a nice guy in Georgia in April. I have purchased a 1971 GTV from Arizona and will be picking it up after the snow goes away. If anyone knows a reasonably priced paint person I would like an email [email protected]. The GTV needs very little body work, but does need paint. Cannot wait for spring so I, a devout roadster person, can find out first hand the appeal of GTV driving. Frank

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pino, Brockton, MA
I have been an Alfa Fan for ever just haven't got one yet.
I will be looking for a GTV6 as soon as I can sell My other car

·
, RIP 04/21/2019,
163 Posts
10204 Rolling Restoration in Ct.

Just moved to Enfield from Illinois with my AR 10204 Roadster.
Slowly restoring it while keeping it driveable.

·
Registered
890 Posts
In Longmeadow

Hey Roger,

I'm just over the state line in Longmeadow, Massachusetts. I'd love to see your car! I am restoring a 1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia Spider Veloce right now and have a 79 Spider in Florida. Take a look at my web site:
www.alfamagic.shutterfly.com

Let's talk Alfas over a cup of coffee,

Terry

·
, RIP 04/21/2019,
163 Posts
10204 Rolling Restoration in Ct.

Terry,

Sounds good to me. I didn't know you were so close.

Great looking site.

Roger.
[email protected]

141 - 160 of 236 Posts