Alfa Romeo Forums banner

81 - 100 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Not so fast . . .

alfar0meo said:
id love to go for a drive!
The drive may have to wait. As I was driving home today my transmission (I am assuming) started acting up. By acting up, I mean stopped working properly. Ha! Good thing my alfa has personality. It's been interesting getting her on the road. I'll keep you updated so hopefully I can take you up on the drive soon.

j

·
Registered
400 Posts
Denny Here From Danbury CT.

Cant wait till spring again thinking of repainting my car. Maybe one day people close by we could have a big drive here in Danbury maybe the sunday before Memeorial day Lots and Lots of people gather here in the park where most of them never even heard of Alfa Romeo, :eek: trust me I Know...But thats where we all can drive by :cool: and so many heads will turn :eek: man I can just feel it :D Especially those Honda Civic guys with their Fart cans could just listen to what A REAL NATRUAL BORN RACER sounds like. :cool: Oh yea theirs a lot of those guys here too that get together on that day.But We'll see :)

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
unrestored '73 2000 GTV

Bill
Winchester, MA

·
Registered
24 Posts
John in East Haddam, CT. 91 Alfa Spider (not a Veloce, but dressed like one with A/C, leather, like so many others). On the CT River south of Middletown. Getting interested in doing more and more restoration on this neglected, but solid car.

Are there any trusted Alfa mechanics in eastern CT?

Glad I found this Forum!

·
Registered
201 Posts
91quist -- Welcome!

Ah, East Haddam! When just out of college I worked in East Haddam at Witcomb USA bicycles, building custom bicycle frames, a quarter mile from the Goodspeed Opera House. But that was 30 years ago, before I knew anything at all about Alfas, so unfortunately I can't recomend a mechanic.

No doubt someone will jump in... and I think I've seen recomendations on the Board if you search.

Fred Widmer

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks for the welcome, Fred. The Goodspeed Opera House is still operating and the lower CT River valley area, or the "Valley-Shore" to include towns like Old Saybrook, Westbrook, and Old Lyme, still remains a great place to drive the Alfa: scenic, uncrowded, lots of twisties (but too many potholes as well).

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
John,

I'm in Glastonbury restoring a 74 GTV, and might be a resource but don't claim to be an "Alfa mechanic". However, there is a guy in town here where I've seen Spiders in his lot, as well as Lancias and Fiats. If you're interested send me a PM and I'll stop by and check the place out.

Michael.

·
Registered
173 Posts
CT Alfa Mechanic

91quist - If you're interested, the only Alfa mechanic (full time) left in CT is Alfas Unlimited in Norfolk, you know way up Rt 44. Nice guys, cars, and garage of stuff. I love looking at garages full of stuff...
:D

·
Registered
374 Posts
John, welcome aboard! I used to work in New London and have done a lot of kayaking in northeast CT--the Shetucket, Willamantic, Quinnebaug and the Natchaug. There's an excellent Alfa mechanic in Warwick, RI. His name is Jim Byrne and he runs Dublin Motorcar Co., (401) 739-2727. He's a certified European Masters Technician. I had a waterpump replaced there on a Spider (a nasty job, because there's no room to work) and the price was competitive.

·
Registered
5 Posts
from clinton, ct

looking to get a spider.

had an 86 spider from 91 to 95, sold it to buy an audi. now i'm going to sell the audi to get an alfa again.

well back to reading old posts and searching

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Well, I think that makes three of us from Clinton (that I know of). Welcome to the board.

Keep your eye on the classifieds section of the Alfa Owners of New England website (www.velocissima.com). There are sometimes some nice Spiders listed there.

·
Registered
165 Posts
A newbie here and checking in. Long story short - I had a weekend (American Muscle) car and had to get rid of it because of lost space. My situation changed - after I sold my car of course - and I'm now aching to fill the void (GTV :eek: ), so it's probably a good thing that I join the BB to get as much info as I can before I buy. I also joined AROC-AONE.

81 - 100 of 236 Posts