Alfa Romeo Forums banner

181 - 200 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Nice, kind of the wrong time of year to pull it out of the barn! :)

Just added a Giulia Super to my stable a little while ago, working on a few things and can't wait until Spring so I can get her on the road for first time (didn't bother registering it as I acquired it so late in the season).

Kevin

·
Registered
12 Posts
Out of the NH barn and into the RI garage so that it just might be ready by spring. And it's a sunny 52 degree day, so I think a little top down driving is in order while troubleshooting!

·
Registered
975 Posts
Rob from New Hampshire - new Alfetta Sedan owner (1976)

Live on the Seacoast in New Hampshire...

·
Registered
281 Posts
Lemans GTV, I am from Natick Mass but now live in the Dallas area. I have just purchased my first Alfa (a nice origional 73 GTV) and am working on it and getting to know it. There are few GTV owners in this area so i keep track of some of the ones in Mass. Just wondering where yours lives?
All the best,
MKeane

·
Registered
963 Posts
Checking in from MA (Boston area). I recently picked up a 1968 GTV 1750 - my first Alfa. My daily is a 01 Jetta TDI. Its a partial restoration that should roll under her own power with new paint by spring. I'll finish the rest as time and $$ allow. She was Grey but I am close to settling on Blue Francia given her origin (can't create another red alfa as nice as they are).

I plan to take her to the BMWCCA autox and probably any hosted by an Alfa club.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Nice, looking forward to seeing it get ready to roll!
Can we say, "Track Day"? I'll meet ya at NHIS when you are ready !

·
Registered
963 Posts
Yes. I'll see you there. Top priority is the body/shell and drivetrain. I want to drive this car not just look at it. Its tough though..I can see hy having two would be fun - one to restore and one to enjoy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
roll call

Mason Daring here - just bought a '67 Duetto, white, shipping here from California - Marblehead, Mass.

By the way, any tips on where I can buy replacement rubber floor mats, specifically driver's side? Thanks.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Mason Daring here - just bought a '67 Duetto, white, shipping here from California - Marblehead, Mass.

By the way, any tips on where I can buy replacement rubber floor mats, specifically driver's side? Thanks.
There are good sites for Parts:

Search Classic Alfa, Alfaholics of Highwood Alfa
the later had these:
Interior

·
Premium Member
12 Posts

Excellent - another Alfa in Marblehead!

Check International Auto Parts or Centerline. If you have not already.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Howdy Neighbor

Hello everyone in New England, it is almost spring, oops, another foot of snow coming today! I digress, I have sold my white spider on Back River Rd, Dover,NH. It is going to a nice guy in Georgia in April. I have purchased a 1971 GTV from Arizona and will be picking it up after the snow goes away. If anyone knows a reasonably priced paint person I would like an email [email protected]. The GTV needs very little body work, but does need paint. Cannot wait for spring so I, a devout roadster person, can find out first hand the appeal of GTV driving. Frank
It is evident that I never have posted in this AONE forum so...bought my 89 Quad off CL in 2010 and...have never gotten it on the road:001_wub:. I drive it down my 1100 ft driveway to fetch the mail on occasion. Maybe next year will be the year...lots of work to be done; suspension, electrics, and cosmetics. Bought an 84 parts car (no engine or trans) to steal parts from...it had better Quad wheels than mine.
I haven't seen any classic GTV's in quite some time but then I don't get around much...except in the M3.:thumbup1:
Where do the Seacoast Alfisti get their wrenching done?

Attachments

·
Registered
444 Posts
New guy checking in with my new-to-me 1994 Alfa Romeo 164LS 4AT. It has over 206,000 miles on the odometer but was garaged much of its life and well maintained. I will be bringing it home later this week but for now here are some crappy cell phone pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hello all!
We just moved from Denver to Brattleboro Vt. Tell me EVERYTHING! Any good shops close by? I will pick up my vintage racing here so will also need a shop for those types of things. How active is ARONE? I would love to join for some events.
Thanks kindly,
Keith Arnold

·
Registered
963 Posts
Welcome. Brattleboro is a fun place - been there often. There are certainly some shops in NH. I have mine at Alphacars in Boxboro MA. They are meticulous but might be overkill for simple maintenance. I'll let others chime in. I haven't had my car completed yet so I haven't ben that active. I autocross my VW in Ayer at For Devans air base with the Boston BMW club and plan to take the alfa there when complete. Its by far one of the best Autocross clubs around.

181 - 200 of 236 Posts