Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Folks,
Don Singer called me to day with an update.
The $115 price is never going to happen. It was a misunderstanding between Don and the machinist (forgot to add in the engineering/setup costs). Here's Don's direct contact info:
Don Singer,
1540 Viewpoint Drive,
Oxnard, CA 93035
805-382-8394

Here's the best deal Don could negotiate:

(1) unrecoverable one time engineering costs $10k. This is amortized into the number of grills produced. The more the cheaper. At 100 pc, this is $100/grill, at 150 pcs this is $67/grill, and at 200pcs it is $50/gril.

(2) chrome on brass grills: 100pieces will cost about $125 each, but if we get up to 200 pieces the price goes down to about $98 each.

I do not know why there isn't a price break between 100 and 200 (like at 150 pieces etc.). I would assume that if we got commitments for 150, the price would be (10,000/150) + $125 = $190.

So, from 100 - 199 pieces, the total price before shipping would be about $225. IF we hit 200 pieces then the price would be about $148 each. At that lower price, I can afford 2-3 of them.

Don asked that I restart this whole thing as a group buy and see how many grills we can get commitments for over the next few months.

I'm looking for ideas both on how to run this group buy, as well as how to get up to that 200piece threshold. It would be my preference to keep contact info private (as we did last time) and only post names, quantity, and location (city/state etc.)

Gordon: if you want this up as a sticky, just tell me how to do it.

Finally, Don appologizes to everyone for the original $115 mixup even though this wasn't his fault as the aerospace fellow didn't tell him about the design and setup charge! I can't imagine a nicer guy to work with than Don .

John Feng

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
I'm still in for 2

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Giulietta Giulia Grille

I'm in for 1.

·
Registered
87 Posts
George, Netherlands,

3 pieces, for couple guys here, but if we would get to the 200 mark, 5 pieces.

( I wrote Don a letter at the time of the "old" price so he should forget that one)

·
Registered
193 Posts
first one, now two please.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Still in for one.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I'm in for 2, either way. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
grill group buy, status as of Jan 28th

Current status as of Jan 28th.
I've not yet rounded up all my local Alfa folks, which should add another 4-5 to the list. Long way to go, but great response for just a week.

Thanks to all of you who re-responded. Will give Don a verbal update of where we are tomorrow.

John

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi John,
I am in for one at the higher price or two if we break one hundred orders. I had also initially sent a written request to Don.
Matthew Fox
Novato CA 94945

1 - 20 of 24 Posts