Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw a new book on the 102 and 106 series Alfa when ordering parts at Classic Alfa. Of course I ordered the book, but I have not received it yet. I haven't read anything about it. It is not so easy to find dedicated books about these cars.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have the book. Well worth getting. It is a pretty good overall view of the cars. It has some photos of "original" cars. Since the author is British, most of the coverage and modern photos are of UK cars and activities. I would rate the book, not as the "bible" for 2000 and 2600's, but a fine addition to the library.

·
Registered
9,417 Posts
I pre-ordered the book from the publisher in the UK in late November, with expected delivery before Xmas. Then, I received an e-mail that they could not run the credit card transaction, and asked me to call them. I sent 2 e-mails back, to which they not replied. Then, I called them, only to find out that they had purged the order from their system because it was older than 1 month. Ahem.

Then, I saw the the book was also available on Amazon, so I ordered it locally. That was on 23-Dec. The expected delivery was by 06-Feb. I just checked, and the delivery (or North American release date) has been pushed back to 03-Mar. We'll see if that happens.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I got mine about two weeks ago and read it cover to cover. It's not a bible compared to some other car books I have read but it is, by far and away, the most complete book on the 2000 and 2600 line available today and if you have either car in your stable or are interested in either model then it is a must to read and to keep around.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Thanks for the 'heads up' on the new book Fast Freddie. I saved a copy in my CA wish list for the next time parts are ordered. I am interested to see just how complete 'The Complete Story' really is.

My hope is that someone would do a Two-Liter, 2600 book just like Bruce Taylor did with "Alfa Romeo Montreal~The Essential Companion". That book is by far my favorite and most useful Alfa book and shop manual! If only it had more factory, period correct photographs (they are on eBay so I know they were available...).

Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts